Craigslist deal... Would you?

Mr_GoodBomb

• Members

I found a good deal on a Squier Standard tele. Comes with Fralin Blues Specials. Not in a color I like, I'd basically buy it and parts it out for cash. They want $200 and the pickups alone are almost that, even used... But...

51xsp.jpg

The seller... weirds me out. On the phone, it sounded, clearly, like a very effeminate man (their number was on the listing, I sent them an email after talking there so they'd have my address to send pics). Then they said their name was Rachel. The email signature also said Rachel. The email is an AOL address and says "hotlickslynn" and a number. They said their "partner" doesn't drive, and they don't like to drive, and because they want me to hear it through an amp first, they won't meet me anywhere but their home. I'm slightly weirded out. I do believe

ackbar.jpg

Would you do it?

• Members

They said their "partner" doesn't drive, and they don't like to drive, and because they want me to hear it through an amp first, they won't meet me anywhere but their home. I'm slightly weirded out. I do believe.

Let me get my crystal ball out.

Okk..kayyyyy......

For some reason, I can't see anything but billowing fog. However, I can clearly hear banjos playing and someone yelling "Squeal like a pig for me!"

:eek:

• Members

I'd buy it. Take a battery powered amp so you can play it on the porch if you're afraid to go into a not-overly macho guy's house.

:idk:

Personally, I'd be less off put by a guy that sounded a little light in the loafers rather than a guy that sounded like a hardcore biker.

:lol:

Having said that, it's good that you are thinking about such things. Better being a little skiddish and aware rather than ending up in 5 or 6 trashbags on the side of the highway.

:thu:

• Members

Whenever you sell anything on craigslist, isn't the first bit of advice always "meet the buyer at a public location...never at your home."

Makes you wonder why they're insisting you come to their home.

It's just a guitar...I would pass on this deal.

Archived