Telecasters playing heavy music... Let's hear your thoughts?

elsupermanny14

• Members

Check out some of my band's recent stuff for some TeleBr00tz!

http://www.myspace.com/policebastard1994to2003

Listen to God Off, The Lie, Born To Die and Erosion, I'm mixed to the left.

I used my stock Baja Tele, tuned down a full step, tone rolled back half way into a TS9 with Gain: 5 Tone: 4 Level: 8 into my Roadking on Channel 3 Vintage, 2x6L6 + 2xEL34, everything around noon except the gain which was backed off a little more, into a Recto 4x12 with the volume...well....LOUD! Everything's single tracked and all Tele apart from the killswitch/whammy parts on Erosion, which was one of my Les Pauls.

Other guitarist used a '73 SG Std with a JB in the bridge into a 'Clean Boost' TS9 and a '72 Superlead cranked into a 1960BV. Again single tracked.

Here's a vid of our other band Last Under The Sun (same band members as PB), it's been dubbed from the album but you can see it's quite agressive stuff. I use my Teles in that band and we're now tuned down a step too...

[YOUTUBE]VYcPzo4QDe0[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although, now that I think about it, wouldnt the fact the the bassist usually plays the same riffs as Morello contribute to what people think his guitar tone it like?
:confused:

pretty much. Most of the "heavy" part of the intro IS the bass, not the tele. Hell I don't see the "heavy" aspect of Morello in that song at all. Then again I've never liked RATM at all.

Archived