Big apple strat

jr_vw2

• Members

What's it worth. I'm not sure of the year but it's in great condition. Dude wants $1000 for it which seems kind of high to me. I can try to get more info if needed.

too pricey. but, big apple strats are awesome. I'll always regret not buying one when they were in production :cry:

• Members

Im going to go back and look at it again tomorrow. I didnt look at it too hard the first time. But I find myself day dreaming about it now. Maybe I will snap a pic and put it up here. It is a really cool transparent red color that i have not seen on a strat before.

kind like this one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/ckbcustomshop/orangestrat.jpg

but with dual HB and a white PG

• Members

Mine has the pearly gates and the 59. Actually they come with a pearly gates + which I guess is different from the pearly gates. I love the bridge pickup and prefer it to the burstbuster bridge pickup in my les paul. The 59 sounds pretty good too but I prefer the les paul neck over the 59. If you are looking for traditional strat sc tones then I would look at a different tones. However, if you want something closer to an sg or les paul but with a bit of strat characteristic then this may be the guitar for you. I probably wouldn't pay more than $700 for one though just because you could get one on ebay for that much. But i do think that they are somewhat rare so could be more sought after at some point in the future.

• Members

"Creamsicle" was a 1997 Big Apple Strat in it's original form when I bought it used at a local retailer for $600 case included. I never cared for the HH set up on this, so I re-did it with standard SSS set up. It also had Gary Hoey's autograph on the back of the headstock from a guitar clinic he had done a few years prior.

IMG_4145-1.jpg

GaryHoeyAutograph.jpg

• Members

hey sorry to hijack thread but is that page from like a blue book for music gear? if so whats it called and where can i get one?, thanks.

again sorry for the hijack!
;)

Amazon can hook you up :thu:- sometimes music stores will sell you their old ones- they are a bit spendy- nice to have though if you buy and sell a lot.

• Members

I find the big apple setup (five way switch gives you Neck HB - Neck single - Both HB - Bridge Single - Bridge HB) to be extremely versatile, and the SDs on that model are great. I think it's about as close as you can come to LP tones on a strat. I've not owned one, but I keep looking on the local CL, and one will find its way to me eventually....

• Members

I find the big apple setup (five way switch gives you Neck HB - Neck single - Both HB - Bridge Single - Bridge HB) to be extremely versatile, and the SDs on that model are great. I think it's about as close as you can come to LP tones on a strat. I've not owned one, but I keep looking on the local CL, and one will find its way to me eventually....

all you need is a strat with the routing to accomodate the buckers. the wiring schematic is on Fender's website...:o

• Members

went back and talked to him today with blue book value in hand. He said $850 cash. I told him it was only worth $750...he said "so"....then I left!

A-Hole I REALLY wanted that guitar...oh well I will find another.

• Members

What's it worth. I'm not sure of the year but it's in great condition. Dude wants $1000 for it which seems kind of high to me. I can try to get more info if needed.

WAY too high.

$600-650 would be reasonable.

Archived