for me, my favorite strats are white and red

img

or

1972-telecaster-b.jpg

why they don't make more SGs in white is beyond me

63pwsgspe3iy8.jpg

and acoustics look their best when covered in a deep sunburst

59_j200_1.jpg

now there are millions of different color combos, and I'm not saying these are the be all end all but if I'm walking around a guitar store and see these I'll give em a second look.

• Members

Hrmm... for strats, I like black, vintage white and the surf colors - surf and seafoam green, daphne blue, sonic blue, olympic white, fiesta red, tahitian coral...

For LPs, I like wine red, rootbeer and the faded bursts... iced tea burst, honey burst etc... Not a fan of the 'clownbursts' or anything with a pronounced red ring. I know it's fashionable to say that these days, but I hated it back in the early 80s. The first Les Paul I ever played was about a 10 year old LP with a really REALLY red ring. Between the horrid red and the fact that it probably weighed 13 lbs, I was almost afraid to play them or look directly at them for the next 10 years.

:lol:

I also dig silver and/or pewter on the right guitar.

• Members

Hrmm... for strats, I like black, vintage white and the surf colors - surf and seafoam green, daphne blue, sonic blue, olympic white, fiesta red, tahitian coral...

I'm about halfway done refinishing my parts strat in Sonic Blue. I've enjoyed it so much I think my next project is going to be a seafoam tele.

• Members

i love white guitars but for me they gotta be snow white, as pure as a nun's hat or whatever they wear. also love funky off-beat colors like orange, green, and certain shades of blue. i'd also rock a purple guitar if the purple was dark enough. (i have very specific tastes on color haha)

can't stand black (just looks boring on everything to me), those pukey off-white colors and plain ol red

Archived