What do you all think of this tone? I really need feedback on it.

riffy

• Members

I don't think it needs more bottom end. In a live situation, the bass will take care of the bottom end. I think that will work great in a band situation.

i agree with this.... adding more bottom end will muddy things up when there's bass

tone works great for the style of music you're playing

• Members

Guys,

Thank you all for taking your time to listen and comment! It will be for a band mix. There will be a 6 string bass player as well as a keyboard player.

I really can't take up that much sonic space and still count on cutting through.

I really don't get the over-processed thing though. It only has some delay on the guitar. I did hit it with mastering eq and normalized it so it would sound like it will coming through the FOH.

Gary

• Members

My impression is that a lot of people here perceive high gain as "over processed." Which is clearly a matter of opinion. Your tone isn't overly wet which is how I view over-processed (drenched in modulation, delay, reverb, etc). I think you did a good job with your tone, it'll be interesting to hear it in the situation of a full band.

• Members

My impression is that a lot of people here perceive high gain as "over processed." Which is clearly a matter of opinion. Your tone isn't overly wet which is how I view over-processed (drenched in modulation, delay, reverb, etc). I think you did a good job with your tone, it'll be interesting to hear it in the situation of a full band.

Ahha! I understand now... Thank you very much!

Archived