What pickguard would look good on this tele?

docjeffrey

• Members

I'd say gold then torty.

With white, you can pretty much go with anything, but I don't think there is one thing that you can put on it and say "thats it".

With a sunburst guitar, you can go with black, torty, cream, mint green and hit a home run. But I love sunburst and not a fan of white guitars in general.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote:Originally Posted by jkay  With a sunburst guitar, you can go with black AND THAT'S THE ULTIMATE. 

I can live with that! Although it's a very tough call between black and tortoise. Black does give it that nasty, dangerous edge!

• Members

Black just doesn't seem to fit on a white Fender for some reason. Maybe because they never put black guards on white guitars...until now.

Some of those specialty guards you folks posted are cool, but I'm gonna stop short of the American flag. Also, the tooled leather is ok, if you're Waylon Jennings, which I'm not.

I'll keep looking at your responses. Some cool ideas. There's also a mirrored version and this black pearloid:

PG-0562-052.jpg

Then, there's this engraved El Dorado for $279!

EL_TELE_ENGRAVED.jpg

or paisley:

te_157.jpg

But the black just doesn't look natural to me.

• Members

Another idea that I like is to buy a clear pickguard. Then glue some fancy Japanese or Indian paper to the bottom. Paisley would be cool.

...That sounded very artsy crafty, didn't it:facepalm:

I would say, just play it. I always dull me black pickguards with some fine steel wool which gives them a nice look.

• Members

Can I get a quick review of that Tele? Im in the market for one right now, and am considering a American Special, Highway one or maybe a Roadworn.

Oh yeah, put a gold pickguard on that.

I haven't ordered it yet. I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm gonna be happy with it. Wildwood has this Thin Skin (used) for a pretty decent price:

se03111_f.jpg

Archived