Looking for high-traffic auto, auto-repair forums for '96 Buick question

Phait

• Members

My cousin's stereo in his '96 Skylark was removed to install a new one but he needs some wiring diagram because once it was removed the dashboard lights went out, cruise control out, problem/red lights (engine etc.) are all on I think.

We've been looking all over for a decent forum or even just searching for repair manuals, Youtube but it's all been in vain so far.

• Members
  • Members

you knocked something loose, removed a connection you shouldnt have, or broke ground somewhere (less likely). dont get too carried away with the wiring diagram, take the stereo out and work backwards. get the car to work correctly with the stereo removed before anything else.

in a lot of ways it seems the car makers are moving away from one wire/chassis ground system but not in every way or on every car. my intrepid has a two wire system (at least partially) for all the external lighting - which is awesome.

if all the idiot lights are on all the time then you have likely lost a serious ground somewhere for every idiot system i have worked on has a fail open arrangement. there could be a different type i am unaware of but on a low end GM i dont think they do anything too fancy.

Archived