Opinions on the Jackson V's

MuyLoCo444

• Members

Particularly the Demmelition King V's. I'm looking to maybe sell my Taylor and get a guitar that's affordable, particularly for metal. I've looked up Dean, Ibanez, and Jackson, and the last one seems like the most reliable brand for a metal guitar. So what do you think of the Jackson V's? Are they worth the money for someone like me who likes to use lots of gain?

• Members

I personally don't like the design of the Demmolition V's, but the Rhoads and King V are classics. They are designed with metal and hard rock in mind. Unless you get a model with EMG's, some Jackson's do have noise problems due to lack of shielding in the control cavity but it's a simple fix though. I picked up a couple of RR5's in GC, and both had grounding problems. For this price range these guitars should have better quality control IMO. And like someone else said, they are not very comfortable to play sitting down. Also the corners chip easy, so if you get one don't bump into things very much. Otherwise, they are solid guitars that sound great and play fast, but sometimes on the imports you do have to correct some minor issues.

• Members

Ive had an RR10XD and KV10XD (what ever its called)

both were great guitars (still have the kv)

even with both not being top of the line they could really hold there own, the trems never went out of tune which was a surprise to me and the pups weren't that bad. The necks are the one thing that i like the most.

Archived