Japanese fiends

cobberdig

• Members

it`s been there several days now...I just don`t have room for more guitars plus I`ve already bought some outstanding guitars this year.

As far as I know they won`t sell guitars overseas from the U-Box any more...they had something to that effect on their site. Theres an SF-7000 locally but they still have it priced too high...if they ever drop it down I`ll have to make room for it.

• Members

saw it several days ago now...I just don`t have room for more guitars plus I`ve already bought some outstanding guitars this year.

As far as I know they won`t sell guitars overseas from the U-Box any more...they had something to that effect on their site. Theres an SF-7000 locally but they still have it priced too high...if they ever drop it down I`ll have to make room for it.

Yeah but that other dude had a thread a few weeks ago where he did get one shipped over seas from them. He said he had to do a minimum 50000 purchase so he bought some pedals cause the guitar was cheaper.

I'd bet if you emailed them they would probably do it.

• Members

well I`m in Japan so it doesn`t affect me either way but heres what they say on their site....

ATTENTION

" This ISHIBASHI WEB SHOP handles new products for customers who live in Japan. For international customers who are interested in purchasing used items, another department offers selected items on eBay.

http://stores.ebay.com/ishibashimusic "

• Members

Yeah but that other dude had a thread a few weeks ago where he did get one shipped over seas from them. He said he had to do a minimum 50000 purchase so he bought some pedals cause the guitar was cheaper.

I'd bet if you emailed them they would probably do it.

Yeah that was me. They are still doing it tho maybe not quite like a few years ago. One thing that's got me miffed is i recieved the guitar and pedals over a month ago, but the credit card transaction has only just shown up in my account so i hope i was charged whatever the exchange rate was when i made the order. cause since then the aussie dollar has dropped a fair bit :facepalm:. but regardless of this they do churn up some nice instruments from time to time and the 2 times i've brought from them the guitars have been in pretty good nick and also well set up.

• Members

That looks like it was made by Cort.

Not negative, just sayin.

That is a common neck through design used by many companies. I doubt cort was the first. I have an Aria that is made nearly the same as that, and I've seen greco's and now this yamaha. In fact I think BC rich may have been one of the first.

• Members

don`t think Yamaha was having their top end guitars made by Cort at that or any other time. Don`t know who used that neck through design first but I have old Yamaha catalogs with those guitars in em. My early `80s Aria TS-800 has a neck through like that.

• Members

That looks like it was made by Cort.

Not negative, just sayin.

Yeah i seen a fair few neck through guitars and lot of basses, but not usually strat shape guitars so its a bit different. Probably FujiGen made I'd say, but i can't find any definative info on that.

• Members

Probably FujiGen made I'd say, but i can't find any definative info on that.

Ive always been told that Yamaha never outsourced their production - even their overseas stuff (Taiwan, Indonesia) is made by Yamaha, for Yamaha.

In any case, these are a really good deal for the price. I could never get past those pickup covers, though.

• Members

That is a common neck through design used by many companies. I doubt cort was the first. I have an Aria that is made nearly the same as that, and I've seen greco's and now this yamaha. In fact I think BC rich may have been one of the first.

They're all influenced by the Alembic design. Fernandes even made a few Alembic copies in the seventies.

Archived