New Les Paul!!!!

rock n roll

• Members

has anyone had any first hand experience with the xavier "lps" caus i was reading online and what it sounds like is it will be like hit or miss. some people are saying that their guitar was amazing and some were say they were alright.

thanks!

I don't have any personal experience with the Xaviere guitars, but I do know that Jay stands behind everything he sells and you wouldn't have a problem returning it if you were unhappy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

out of the epiphone les paul standard plus and plain you what do you guy think is better?

if the only thing that is different is the maple top do you think that is worth and extra $100?

in my opinion between those two, i'd take the plain top in honey burst

• Members

The only guitar on here i've had experience with is the Epi Standard plus. It's a good guitar but the pickups are crap. I personally don't like the neck but that's just my personal preference, it's definitely quality. Just don't let a girl hold it cause she'll drop it then you're be left to wait for the neck to fall off:cry:

• Members

just wondering if i want to post a thread on pickups where would i post it to get the most responses?

( i am new to thins website just started a couple of hours ago)

electric guitars? i cant find something for pickups

thanks

Just post it here - you'll get the best and least idiotic responses.

• Members

just posted a new thread about pickups!!! go check it out!!!

i am really leaning towards the xavier if you have anything to say about it tell me i dont want to make the wrong chose, i want to make sure i am makig a good choice

thanks

• Members

just posted a new thread about pickups!!! go check it out!!!

i am really leaning towards the xavier if you have anything to say about it tell me i dont want to make the wrong chose, i want to make sure i am makig a good choice

thanks

If you want a cheap LP copy that you can blow some money on new pickups with then go find a used agile for around $200. It doesn't seem that many people have used the xaviers. Agile's have been around for awhile and good for awhile though so i would trust them more.

• Members

Definitely, LTD EC-401 or if you want something pre aged, the EC-256.

ec-401vf_tsb.jpg
ec-256_ahb.jpg

Slightly over your budget, but you should do yourself a favor and rustle up the extra $100. Great guitars.

581468.jpg

EMG's sound amazing on these guitars too:

581464.jpg

thanks for that those are really nice i look into those

do you know if it would be better to buy a cheap guitar that is built good and replace the pickups??

thanks!

• Members

Agile AL-3000 w/ a case from rondomusic comes out right around $500. The one I got plays WAY better than any epi I have ever played, better than all Gibson Studio's I've played, and better than most standards I've played (sometimes you do find a nice one, but its so dang hard). So Agile AL-3000 is the way to go IMO. Best bang for the buck.

• Members

Agile AL-3000 w/ a case from rondomusic comes out right around $500. The one I got plays WAY better than any epi I have ever played, better than all Gibson Studio's I've played, and better than most standards I've played (sometimes you do find a nice one, but its so dang hard). So Agile AL-3000 is the way to go IMO. Best bang for the buck.

what about the agile 3100 is it better than than the 3000

thanks!

• Members

what about the agile 3100 is it better than than the 3000

thanks!

Not much difference between the two. One has MOP inlays, one has abalone. Minor difference in the wire used for the electronics, other than that identical.

• Members

Epiphone LP Tribute. I just got a mint used one, a bit over your budget, but not much. With the exception of the lack of a nitro finish, it is basically an upgraded Gibson model. Gibson '57 humbuckers, long neck tenon, Switchcraft components, asymmetrical neck (love it), hard shell case. Only 2 colors, but the black is very nice, you see some of the solid maple cap coming through the finish. I can't say enough abou this guitar. Superior to any of the other Epi LPs I've owned (2 plain tops, both nice, and a MIK LP), Gibson Special LP, Agile LP, PRS SE (played great, but the pickups don't compare to the '57).

Here are the specs: http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=319&CollectionID=6

Not a great pic:

IMG_1267.jpg

• Members

R&R...The best thing you can do right now is go play some guitars. You really need to know what you want before you spend a bunch of money.

Hang out here, ask questions and, most of all, read other threads. There are a lot of discussions here about many different guitars.

One more thing...Since you still seem somewhat inexperienced, you might be better off buying used gear. That way if you mess up (and you will) and buy something you end up not liking, you won't lose your shirt when you want to get rid of it. Go look around pawn shops or used gear stores. Don't be in a hurry and keep looking til you find that really speaks to you.

Heck, I've been shopping for a 5th Avenue for two years. It paid off..I found a new one right here in town with case for 1/3 off. Glad I waited.

EG

Archived