Fender's New Tele...Nonpolitical Version

Elias Graves

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just got this back from Radio Pools after doing a trade for my Bass. I sold it to him earlier this year.

IMG_0525.jpg

Only problem is that it has a pretty substantial chip on the front now. Doesn't effect it, but I am not really into relics and it's just too pretty to have it dinged up...plus I've been dying to do a refinish for years.

So I thought about sanding it all the way down, but that sounds like it would be a mistake from what I've read. I also thought about doing a double bound tele and painting it solid because I have no idea if it's 2 piece or 20 pieces under the paint (or else it would be a burst).

So basically I had decided on a nice teal or sherwood finish....until this frickin thread popped up. I knew that a double bound tele would look nice, but dammit it almost seems stupid and lazy not to do the binding now. :facepalm:

• Members

The specs are identical to the FSR Thin Skins they were selling at Wildwood last year for $1499. They still have a few unbound left.

The big difference between this one and an AVRI 62 (or even the CIJs) is a 9.5 radius and 6105 frets.

• Members
....So basically I had decided on a nice teal or sherwood finish....until this frickin thread popped up. I knew that a double bound tele would look nice, but dammit it almost seems stupid and lazy not to do the binding now.
:facepalm:

I agree! If you are going to refinish your Tele, might as well add a binding as well. :thu:

Archived