NGD in white!!

Misha

• Members

I wanted a guitar with humbuckers and a trem...

I finally got an Ibanez S570B tonight!

I love the neck and this thing is sooo light... my back already thanked me twice during the last couple of hours!

some pics:

004-1.jpg

019.jpg

065.jpg

006.jpg

020.jpg

(Got her too...)

035.jpg

038.jpg

• Members

It doesn't sound as good as a Strat for cleans but with gain, it's pretty nice! Satriani, Vai, etc, territory pretty easily! (Too bad I can't play like them!)

The single coil is a bit noisy when used alone but I was expecting that.

At 500$ CAD, gig bag included, I know that the pickups are not the best but for now, they do the job.

It's the first time of my life I have that type of trem. The guit stayed in tune perfectly all night long and it's very easy to tune!

• Members

Looks great. I love the s series. I've been gassing for one as of late but i've got my eye on an early 90s one.

When they were made in Japan...

I would like an Ibanez Prestige too but... my wallet says: "No, no, no!!!"

I looked for used ones but finally, I was more comfortable buying this one in a music shop. It's new, the neck is straight, etc...

I might install some Dimarzio pickups in the future. (I often upgrade the pickups of my guitars.)

• Members

Nice, what's the cat drinkin?
:cool:

Thank's!

The cat is drinking ice tea! She loves that! I think she wouldn't mind beer either I have to watch my drink as soon as she gets in the room!

• Members

Looks nice. I don't usually like the look of Ibanez guitars but this one looks pretty nice. I like white on these guitars. It looks really thin as well...

But I think the cat is what makes it look nice! It matches!

The cat does look good but the guitar looks fine too. The black binding is what makes it look good by itself, IMO!

Slideshow: http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/JazzIV/?action=view&current=3178a51c.pbw

I have a question:

Soundwise, would a guitar with maple cap/maple veneer sound better? The S570DXQM is more expensive than mine but I don't know if it's really better??? :confused:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=584141&base_pid=584142

• Members

The cat does look good but the guitar looks fine too. The black binding is what makes it look good by itself, IMO!

Slideshow:
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/JazzIV/?action=view&current=3178a51c.pbw

I have a question:

Soundwise, would a guitar with maple cap/maple veneer sound better? The S570DXQM is more expensive than mine but I don't know if it's really better???
:confused:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=584141&base_pid=584142

It won't sound better really but the maple will add a tad of brightness to the tone. Not better just slightly different and there wont be much in it especially if its just a veneer. Its more for cosmetic purposes.

• Members

It won't sound better really but the maple will add a tad of brightness to the tone. Not better just slightly different and there wont be much in it especially if its just a veneer. Its more for cosmetic purposes.

Thank's for the info. I guess the difference would be hardly perceptible, then, with an EQ pedal!

• Members

Thank's guys!

I played for a while with the Ibanez again today and same story: it's incredibly light and comfortable, it stays in tune and the neck is great!

I love it!

-------

BTW, the little white cat is not an albino! Her ears and tail are orange! When she was a baby she looked only white and I was afraid she would be deaf but no! She isn't! ... She's looking for a good family. Anybody around Montreal who wants a cat? ;)

Archived