Tell me if this is a bad idea

docjeffrey

• Members

Still kicking around ideas for a new guitar. I have these two things in my Warmoth cart at the moment:

Birdseye neck with Brazilian board:

VMT2049A.jpg

Solid ash one piece body:

PT1780A.jpg

So far, the total is $743.

I'll probably have Lollar build me some pickups and order some high quality pots, caps, etc. The total should be around $1100.

Thoughts?

• Members

Looks delicious. I'd go for it. I actually just bought a Warmoth Thinline body and a Tele neck two days ago and am dying in anticipation for them to arrive.

Are you having them built to your specs, or did you choose from the showcase?

• Members

you ever come across this one doc? aussie builder - cole clarke culprit, retail new in Australia for $1300AU + or -. never played one but they look sweet, dunno what the availability in the states though but probably somewhere.

2mzwmt4.jpg

Cole Clarke more well known here for acoustics much like Maton. Actually i've heard also good things about Maton electrics.

• Members

I just put together a Warmoth tele w/Seymour Duncan PU's and hardware from Stewart MacDonald and I'm extremely pleased with the guitar.

It looks like you are taking it one step further and getting the premium version.

I think it's a good move on your part and well worth the $1100.

I'm sorry but I can't tell you that it is a bad idea.

• Members
you ever come across this one doc? aussie builder - cole clarke culprit, retail new in Australia for $1300AU + or -. never played one but they look sweet, dunno what the availability in the states though but probably somewhere.

2mzwmt4.jpg

Cole Clarke more well known here for acoustics much like Maton. Actually i've heard also good things about Maton electrics.

Very hot looking guitar! The amp meets my approval too!

• Members
I got nothing . . . except, damn, those components look yummy.
:thu:

Personally, I'd go for a fatback maple neck and a white pearloid pickguard but that's just me.

No pearloid. Hate it. I've kicked around a maple board, but I have a tele with one already. Brazilian rosewood would really tie this guitar together tonally.

• Members
for the price point, I would probably seek out an American made Fender Tele...
:freak:

The thing is, at that price point, you'd get an American Tele, or with the Warmoth, you'd get a custom shop quality guitar.

Warmoth's stuff isn't cheap, but it's premium quality stuff.

Archived