Im gassing for a LP Jr so bad

Fersnachi

• Members

a sunburst one

Like How much do they run for?

are the Epiphone Models any good for how much could i swing a Gibson? any good knockoffs?

does anyone play anymore than Rock on one? they don't seem to be very versatile

i wont be able to go to a guitar store until later in the month(in the middle of nowhere) tell me anything there is to know!!

:love:

• Members

I dont know ive never played one
<_ i was never interested in more than my strat until started comming here>
It just seems that way because it only has one pickup lol

It's good man. I use mine for everything. It sounds great crystal clean all the way way to high distortion. Volume and Tone knob must be used for unique voicing. A GREAT guitar, and my favorite. I'd use it for metal if I played metal.

• Members

It's good man. I use mine for everything. It sounds great crystal clean all the way way to high distortion. Volume and Tone knob must be used for unique voicing. A GREAT guitar, and my favorite. I'd use it for metal if I played metal.

sounds great and I love the simplicity!

Any huge difference betwen a gibson and the much much cheaper Epiphone?

How much could I swing a gibson for used you think?>

• Members

Epiphone had a run of set neck P90 Jr's.

I say used Gibson for $600. I just sold mine for that so gawd I hope I'm right.

Wouldn't sell more than that..

The epi's look cool modded, but IMO not comparable to the Gibson, cause it's humbucker.

The Gibson (at least mine 2010 year model) has one slab body, and neck. Solid {censored}.

• Members

1956 Les Paul Junior
56gibsonlpA-1.jpg

Dude, you are {censored}ing evil. :lol:

@ the OP: The Les Paul Junior is surprisingly versatile for a one-pickup guitar. It tends more towards the less-shreddy styles (blues-rock, punk, garage) and it'll hum like a mother{censored}er if you pour on too much gain but it's an unbelievable tone. Listen to early Chuck Berry, Social Distortion, The Clash, Mountain, or early Elvis Presley to hear the sound of P-90's in action.

I have a DC Junior and I love it.

• Members

The Les Paul jr dc is basicly the same thing, only with two P90s and better acces to the lower frets. I guess it boils down to what you can spend, and what you think looks cooler, but if you're after a slightly more versitle version of the regular LP jr it might be worth checking out the dc.

I've got a LP jr lite, which has P100s and mini-trapezoid fretboard inlays.

Don't know if Gibson still has a junior dc (or LP special or whatever they're called) in that "faded" series, but I remember they weren't too expensive when they first came out. Two P90s, two cutaways, and not much frills costmeticly. The one I tried wasn't great though, and I didn't like the cheapo finish. But to be fair: The action/intonation was {censored}ed up and I tried it through a {censored}ty practoce amp.

Archived