Damn hard times. Sold all my gear.

twofoolsaminute

• Members

Just sold my last guitar and kinda feeling down. Had to try to pay bills, though. I've gone back to the University, so hopefully I'll be working someday, but I've not been for a while. My wife bakes bread for farmers markets. We just aren't scraping by as well as we were. Tools will probably go next. Aren't things supposed to be better by now? It's just funny how financial stress can cause stress everywhere else. I have three kids and a wonderful wife, and feel like I'm not doing what I need to do for them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just sold my last guitar and kinda feeling down. Had to try to pay bills, though. I've gone back to the University, so hopefully I'll be working someday, but I've not been for a while. My wife bakes bread for farmers markets. We just aren't scraping by as well as we were. Tools will probably go next. Aren't things supposed to be better by now? It's just funny how financial stress can cause stress everywhere else. I have three kids and a wonderful wife, and feel like I'm not doing what I need to do for them.

You are to be commended. Many would not do what you did. Financial stress is definitely one of the hardest to deal with, especially for the husband and father. Continue to lean on each other. That is one of the important things for families.

You don't sound like Twofools to me.

Here is an article that gives some practical ideas on how to deal with your present situation. I hope it gives you some ideas that will help. Regards, Flip.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20050208/article_03.htm

• Members

the pick guard is busted but it still does its job. but this thing has been laying under garbage for several years so it is extremly beat to {censored}. pm me about it i gotta leave for work right now. but ill be on first thing tomorrow.

• Members

Thanks for the kind words. I'll be okay. Just hard to let some stuff go. But, it's just stuff. A couple things went to family, so I may can get it back down the road.

No, I think there's some legal reason my wife can't ship bread. I think she has to have a kitchen with a different certification. But thanks, guys.

My son still has an SX guitar and my old peavey rage practice amp. I can play with it if I get terribly desperate :) I don't have the heart to sell any of my kids' stuff.

• Members

the pick guard is busted but it still does its job. but this thing has been laying under garbage for several years so it is extremly beat to {censored}. pm me about it i gotta leave for work right now. but ill be on first thing tomorrow.

PM'd. :thu:

• Members

Thanks for the kind words. I'll be okay. Just hard to let some stuff go. But, it's just stuff. A couple things went to family, so I may can get it back down the road.

No, I think there's some legal reason my wife can't ship bread. I think she has to have a kitchen with a different certification. But thanks, guys.

My son still has an SX guitar and my old peavey rage practice amp. I can play with it if I get terribly desperate
:)
I don't have the heart to sell any of my kids' stuff.

sounds like you are doing all the right things here. :thu:

so are you a strat/tele/fender guy?

• Members

Having once been in your shoes I know how it feels. I had to sell all my stuff a few years ago, went almost two years without touching a guitar. It sucks but I have a teisco checkmate 88 with your name on it. It's nothing special but it does have tremelo and spring reverb. PM me your address and it's yours :thu:

• Members

don't beat yourself up. do the best you can. do what you gotta do, knowing all that stuff can be replaced down the road.

This.

Objects can always be replaced. Sorry to hear that things are so tight.

• Members

Just saw the posting, and offer you my support! You sound like a good guy and are looking out for your family. You know this is your "Extended family" here too! We're here for you. Whether it's a listening ear or even a little bit more, you are among friends. We are here to help. Hang in there and please let someone know if you need to lean on us a little. Just knowing that people care helps and you can always help someone else out when you are back on your feet.

Mike

• Members

Please, I don't need anything. Just kind words help.

Sorry for your hard luck, I know how it is.

I know you're not asking for it, but I bet a good number of the regulars on here could kick you a few bucks to help take the stress off, even if it's just temporary.

Let us know if and how we can help you.

• Members

I'm right there with ya.

I've been unemployed for a while and sold off a ton of gear, sold a new car and got an older one, and will be relocating to another state to find work. This area of Ohio is dead. I've never had employment trouble until now. It's never been this bad in my lifetime. The way things look, I don't see it improving either.

What you say is true. It's just stuff. When times are hard you realize how unimportant "stuff" is.

Good luck to ya.

• Members

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The rich grew richer last year, even as the world endured the worst recession in decades.

A stock market rebound helped the world's ranks of millionaires climb 17 percent to 10 million, while their collective wealth surged 19 percent to $39 trillion, nearly recouping losses from the financial crisis, according to the latest Merrill Lynch-Capgemini world wealth report.

Stock values rose by half, while hedge funds recovered most of their 2008 losses, in a year marked by government stimulus spending and central bank easing.

"We are already seeing distinct signs of recovery and, in some areas, a complete return to 2007 levels of wealth and growth," Bank of America Corp wealth management chief Sallie Krawcheck said.

The fastest growth in wealth took place in India , China and Brazil, some of the hardest hit markets in 2008. Wealth in Latin America and the Asia-Pacific soared to record highs.....

• Members

sux.i just got over a financial near-death experience myself and i'm responsible for a family of five. something finally came thru at the last minute. it was pretty stressful.

try to stay positive and good luck.

Archived