chakra and keys or tones.

boosh

• Members

Well, it certainly is very interesting. I would give it a try, booshy.

I have a hunch that each person has different frequencies which open up different chakras. I don't know if there are "universal" notes which mean the same thing to all people. I could be wrong.

Try it yourself. Focus on one of the chakras, then sing a note "oooh" up and down the scale until you find the one which feels like it's vibrating sympathetically with that region. Use that note focally in your next piece.

I am 100% convinced that the earworms we musicians sometimes get are using notes and keys that have to do with some psychic/emotional issue we're working on, whether consciously or unconsciously.

Right now, I have had this earworm in my head for three weeks:

Hg3OTvumEtw

There is no doubt in my mind that these pitches are associated with something going on in my spirit at present. This song is in my head, day and night!!!

I once attended a concert at SF Symphony Hall. It was by Olivier Messaien. It was very obvious to me that Messaien was using notes not to entertain or amuse (necessarily) but to vibrate different parts of the body and brain.

The music piece they played was not really a bunch of melodies, but more like a series of sustained orchestral chords.... given superb, precise echo by the reverb of that fine auditorium. The tonal center of the chords was always changing. I was a little high on doobage at the time, and I could definitely feel the way Messaien was stimulating various parts of the psyche and brain with these clusters of notes... He was literally healing a roomful of people with vibrations.

I pitied the critic who tried to weave some kind of programmatic or intellectual sense out of this music, because, to me, Messaien's music was bypassing literality, logic, "story" and intellect.

After that concert, I really did appreciate the way a musician really has karmic responsibility for the {censored} he plays to his audience, because you're molding their very psyches and even physical health. Just sayin'. I think the superior musician uses tones and chords the way a brain surgeon wields a scalpel. A musician-- whether a Paganini or Robert Johnson-- really does sell his soul to the devil in a way. Sound is a form of information.

Highly distorted tones-- a Hendrix riff, a Sex Pistols break--- are also addressing the listeners' bodies and souls, and I think they are very salubrious at times.... Those hardcore notes (complex, uneven timbres, loud amplitudes) might be just what the listener needs at that moment to stimulate some part of his mind or body in a big, big way (Now, a steady diet of that? I'm not so sure... It's not an accident that Hendrix and Sid Vicious offed themselves) The 1950's, in America and the UK, were sexually and emotionally repressive; the distorted music of the 60's was a hardcore way to "jumpstart" and revitalize those repressed energies. As the USSR becomes freed, what do its youth want to hear? Hard rock.

booshy, do you remember this dialogue we had here four years ago?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:9xznqjtG4WQJ:acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D1943065%26page%3D6+psychic+hear+angels+in+music+respighi+%22sound+of+music%22&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

• Members

Yeah man I remember , I have that book somewhere but can't find it anymore,..

It was 2 years ago btw. My wife and son did a Reiki course this weekend and I remembered the whole chakra-sound theory. Tried looking for the book but it's gone,...

I can see colors when I listen to music and I can hear sounds when watching paintings,.. I was wondering if my colors correspond with the chakras and their sounds.

• Members

i came up with most of this on my own in 1990 when i was 18

i found that the "new age" people got it wrong if you do the math as

most will say "tuning" you chakras start on C...i guess they just make it up as they go along.....

i called it "fuzzy logic" as at the time my tag was and still is "fuzz' =)

violet = 668,000,000,000,000 hz - 789,000,000,000,000 hz

blue = 631,000,000,000,000 hz

• Members

one last thing i have found it neat to look at the BPM / key for songs i have written not thinking about all of this which is 99.9% of the time and go wow i wrote this song pretty damn close to what the BPM of the root note is....

look at songs you write, what key is it in and what your BPM is ...i would love to know what your data yields as i am a geek that way :thu:

• Members

one last thing i have found it neat to look at the BPM / key for songs i have written not thinking about all of this which is 99.9% of the time and go wow i wrote this song pretty damn close to what the BPM of the root note is....

look at songs you write, what key is it in and what your BPM is ...i would love to know what your data yields as i am a geek that way
:thu:

Interesting approach.

Another 'long scale' harmony phenomenon:

I've recently been discovering that singers appear to sometimes bring their vocal vibrato in harmony with the note value they're singing... it's the kind of thing where you don't really notice it until it's on...I'm not really sure if I ever would have stumbled on to the realization if the controversies over auto-tuning had not occupied so much of our collective consciousness in recent years.

At any rate, it's an interesting phenom. And, for a far from controlled singer like myself, more the thing that one stumbles into by happy accident all too often. But when it all locks up it sounds pretty cool.

Archived