Do you have a couch on your porch?

techristian

• Members

Well, sheee-it!...I dun a-ready took mah cay-ouch off-a dat fron' porch , cuz it took up tha hole dadburn thang, an-a blocked tha frun' door eneewayz.

So I wen' and put that thang in a sayfer play-uss, so if it cech a-farr, then it won' burn nuttin' up, 'cept tha tree.

Hmm..i a-reckon that thay-er tee-kee torch culda be a-mite close to the cay-ouch, now that Ima lookin at it.

So ima gonna thank yew, techrishtin, for savin tha lifes of us good ol folk in Alabamer an a-Missysippy.

RedneckSwingTree.jpg

• Members

I must have this!
:love:

I do, and MY swinging couch has a lovely fragrance of 'foot and ass' left by countless friends who have slept off their drunken binges on it

After looking at the picture for awhile, I sensed that something was amiss in its presentation, My natural decorating acumen told me that there should be another Tiki torch placed on the other side of the couch for a more harmonious 'feng shui' effect.

• Members

After looking at the picture for awhile, I sensed that something was amiss in its presentation, My natural decorating acumen told me that there should be another Tiki torch placed on the other side of the couch for a more harmonious 'feng shui' effect.

hale no, bubba- it won' a-make no fen shooee...it'll cech a-farr!

• Members

Erase the ropes with Photoshop and tell everyone that ET was over.

Dan

• Members

ok, lemmee trah it fer y'all....

testin'.... won, too, taree....

Git 'er Dunnnnnnn!

how'm ah doin ?

you best be sendin' me dat recipe fo' yo' award winnin' Peach Cobbler if ah
even
came close.....

Jim's Peach Cobbler

One medium/large saucepan

One ungreased 3 quart baking dish

Peaches in syrup:

4 cups raw Chilton County peaches - peeled and sliced evenly or chunked

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup Jumex peach nectar

Batter:

1 1/2 cups self-rising flour

1 cup sugar

1 1/2cups milk

Topping:

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

3 tsp cinnamon

1/4 cup melted butter

You will also need:

8 tbsp (one whole stick) butter for baking dish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Prepare peaches in syrup:

Combine peaches, white and brown sugar, and water in saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil then gently simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.

Prepare batter:

Mix sugar, flour, and milk slowly, make sure it doesn't clump together. Set aside

Place whole stick of butter in baking dish and set in preheated oven.

Prepare topping:

Mix dry topping ingredients together, then dredge in a bowl with 1/4 cup melted butter until completely moist. Set aside

Pour batter slowly and evenly into baking dish.

Do not stir the batter and melted butter together.

Spoon cooked peaches on top of batter, then gently pour remaining peach syrup evenly over the mixture.

Spoon topping mixture evenly over top of the cobbler.

Batter will rise to top during baking.

Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, using toothpick method to test doneness. Cobbler may need to cook for up to 45 minutes, before desired doneness/browness is reached.

• Members

Jim's Peach Cobbler

One medium/large saucepan

One ungreased 3 quart baking dish

Peaches in syrup:

4 cups raw Chilton County peaches - peeled and sliced evenly or chunked

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup Jumex peach nectar

Batter:

1 1/2 cups self-rising flour

1 cup sugar

1 1/2cups milk

Topping:

1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

3 tsp cinnamon

1/4 cup melted butter

You will also need:

8 tbsp (one whole stick) butter for baking dish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Prepare peaches in syrup:

Combine peaches, white and brown sugar, and water in saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil then gently simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.

Prepare batter:

Mix sugar, flour, and milk slowly, make sure it doesn't clump together. Set aside

Place whole stick of butter in baking dish and set in preheated oven.

Prepare topping:

Mix dry topping ingredients together, then dredge in a bowl with 1/4 cup melted butter until completely moist. Set aside

Pour batter slowly and evenly into baking dish.

Do not stir the batter and melted butter together.

Spoon cooked peaches on top of batter, then gently pour remaining peach syrup evenly over the mixture.

Spoon topping mixture evenly over top of the cobbler.

Batter will rise to top during baking.

Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, using toothpick method to test doneness. Cobbler may need to cook for up to 45 minutes, before desired doneness/browness is reached.

well bress yo' pick-pickin heart 'Jimmie-Bwa' for sendin' me that fine recipe....I wuz jist messin' wif ya,did'nt 'spect y'all to share it wif a Yankee!:lol:

Seriously Dude...that was kind of you to take the time to do that...It's gonna be cool up here tomorrow so we are gonna whip a Cobbler up....

I was gonna use some Jersey Peaches that we canned end of August but I'm gonna make sure we follow your recipe to the letter.

I'll let you know how it came out.

Thanks again.

Luke

• Members

well bress yo' pick-pickin heart 'Jimmie-Bwa' for sendin' me that fine recipe....I wuz jist messin' wif ya,did'nt 'spect y'all to share it wif a Yankee!
:lol:

Seriously Dude...that was kind of you to take the time to do that...It's gonna be cool up here tomorrow so we are gonna whip a Cobbler up....

I was gonna use some Jersey Peaches that we canned end of August but I'm gonna make sure we follow your recipe to the letter.

I'll let you know how it came out.

Thanks again.

Luke

If you're using pre-cooked peaches, just make the syrup, bring it to a boil, then put the peaches in there for about 3 minutes.

Archived