Learned a Lesson tonight

jr_vw2

• Members

So I have always been a huge gear head. I love buying and selling trading and owning lots of gear. But tonight I learned that all the gear in the world doesn't make you a better player. I jammed with a guy form work tonight who freaking owned me. Dude freakin smoked. I was very impressed.

I think I need to go buy something to make myself feel better :thu:

• Members

So I have always been a huge gear head. I love buying and selling trading and owning lots of gear. But tonight I learned that all the gear in the world doesn't make you a better player. I jammed with a guy form work tonight who freaking owned me. Dude freakin smoked. I was very impressed.

I think I need to go buy something to make myself feel better
:thu:

Damn right-drown your sorrows in nitro, man.

• Members

Maybe you should drown yourself in some lessons

I would like to take some more lesson. But compitain teachers are hard to come buy in my area. I took lessons for awhile but the instructor was totally lost.

• Members

I second the idea of going acoustic for a while. It would be like monasticism. You'll know there's a world out there playing floyds, hand winding P90's, demanding custom fingerboard radii, and a whole host of other unnatural things...

...and you're in the cave with your steel string praying for us all.

• Members

I jammed with a guy form work tonight who freaking owned me. Dude freakin smoked. I was very impressed.

I think I need to go buy something to make myself feel better
:thu:

I'm the guy from work, and yeah, you do suck.

You can buy a back brace to help you carry my

Marshall cabs around.

• Members

I second the idea of going acoustic for a while. It would be like monasticism. You'll know there's a world out there playing floyds, hand winding P90's, demanding custom fingerboard radii, and a whole host of other unnatural things...

...and you're in the cave with your steel string praying for us all.

I just got an electric again after going acoustic for a year and a half (Had played electric only for years). It was a sobering experience not having my effects and distortion/pickups to fall back on. I highly reomend it to anyone in a real slump. :thu::thu::thu:

• Members

I learned a lesson last night too. It is one that I have learned many times before but I have to relearn it about once per year it seems:

I cannot tell someone something that they are not willing nor ready to hear and I cannot change someone's mind no matter how wrong they are so just save the breath, thought, time, keystrokes, etc.

Archived