Zakk Wylde ain't my child!

evh1984

• Members

And he's not even a 'biker.' He doesn't ride. The whole use of doubles in those videos, etc. came to light during the 357 fiasco. Plus, he's so completely out of touch with the demographic he's trying to emulate that there was actually a stink a while back where the BLS fan club had to release warnings to BLS members wearing the three piece patch vests in the wrong place and getting their asses kicked by actual biker gangs. Doesn't make it right, but Mr. Toughguy should've done his research before putting his fans' lives in danger.

Be whatever you want to be but for the love of god don't be a poser.

"Be what you are. Decide what you want to be and bet that. If you want to be a cop, be a cop - but don't be a cop that pretends to be a biker. If you like fat girls, go out with fat girls, but don't bring skinny girls around to make people think you like skinny girls. Just be what you are."

-J.R., former national president of the Sons of Silence MC.

Good to hear from you J.R ..I did know you could still communicate with this world being you've been dead for a year now..I know many of S.O.S members my name is 1%ER Jeff C.C Paul Invaders M.C ..Enforcer Midwest chapter..I knew J.R well and he is dead.Please do not dishonor him by making false claims.......Proof

http://www.sonsofsilence.com/Trib.htm

• Members

He was quoting that dude, not impersonating him. I applaud your passion and vigor in defense of a friend however.

My mistake and apologies..:facepalm:

I have read many times on biker forums were people claim to be someone they are not..I even had the occasion at a bar one night to sit in a conversation about myself and the fact that one of the people talking claimed they knew me for 25 years...The only problem is i had just moved there from L.A.. When you are in a Motorcycle club people seem to put you on a undeserved pedestal for either good or bad most can't figure out that we are nothing special except for the belief in our way of life. We put our pants on the same as every Tom Dick and Harry we feel,laugh and love the same as anyone else..

• Members

I watched that episode. A few observations:

1. Zakk is developing quite the beer gut. :lol:

2. The contortionist chick in the Suicide Messiah video made it move.

3. I disappoint he didn't play Machine Gun Man, and played Ozzy videos we just saw a couple weeks ago.

4. I met him a long ass time ago, early on in his time with Ozzy. He was really friendly and willing to sign everybody's stuff. He should let that side show more in his public image, rather than the over-the-top tough guy persona.

2ak0ku8.jpg

• Members

I was a big fan of his back in the day. I still think that his best work was Pride and Glory.

I never got into the whole biker image, but it doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is that I don't like most of what he has put out the last few years. I'd love to hear some more stuff like his first non-Ozzy project and it just hasn't happened.

Say what you want about the guy, but he always cracks me up in interviews. He was on TMS a few weeks ago and he's genuinely funny and I think that he doesn't take himself too seriously. He's a big goofy dude that likes playing fast. I could see myself hanging out with him and just laughing my ass off all night.

I don't get the image, but I don't get a lot of {censored} out there to be honest. As long as he's having a good time I suppose.

And this always makes me laugh no matter what:

AJpCZpysf94

• Members

The fact it's pissing you off probably pleases him no end.

Fact is, wether we like it or not, he can do what the {censored} he likes, 'coz he's paid his dues, and has earned the right.

He can look how he likes, play what he likes, and I bet sound a lot better doing it than most of us wannabe's on here.

Anyway, winding people up coz of how you look is way cooler at 50 than it was at 15.

Long may the hairy guitar biker continue to ply his trade...I take my hat off to him as an ambassador for the instrument who has been responsible for LOTS of kids picking up a guitar.

And what about Slash...does he actually look any better (or more acceptable)to you career types who like to play rockstar at the weekends?

I think he looks great. but surely all those tatts and that top hat and leather waistcoat and stuff would ba downer at the golf club too, wouldn't it?

If you dont like him, fine, but enough already.

I've no doubt he doesn't give a {censored} what we think, and, just as he has the option of dressing how he likes, and powering up a low slung Les Paul on stage in a manner a lot of people dream of imitating, so you too have the option to play your guitar at home on a Sunday after you've mown the lawn and washed the car (as long as it's not too loud, and you dont have to pick the kids up from Aunty Ethels...and the Mrs hasn't got a headache, or need you to paint the spare bedroom or somethin).

I'd rather be Zakk, thanks!

:thu:

That was well said!

• Members

Pride and Glory was {censored}ing awesome.

I never really got into that but his first couple of records with Ozzy were excellent in my opinion. I even enjoyed the EARLY onslaught of pinch harmonics overload...I just didn't like that he kept it up for 20 years.

• Members

I never really got into that but his first couple of records with Ozzy were excellent in my opinion. I even enjoyed the EARLY onslaught of pinch harmonics overload...I just didn't like that he kept it up for 20 years.

It's good to see you and I have agreed more than once in this thread. :thu:

• Members

Zakk has always been a bit of a paradox for me, he can play some of the most aggresive riffs and be a funny easy going guy, then he can play some utter {censored} and be a total douchebag. Sometimes he makes me want to beat my chest like a primal neanderthal man and other times he just makes me want to slap my forehead with bewilderment.

Archived