You know all those "desert island" or "forced to sell all but X" threads?

Carbohydrates

• Members

Nice guitars, man.

I may end up selling my amp, cab, and the only two guitars I own.

The amp and cab, I don't care too much about; no sentimentality there. But my only two guitars are sentimental; my parents busted their asses to get me my Kelly for Christmas, I think '07 or '08 (my memory is so bad), and my Epi SG was a birthday gift of '08. :( I just found out recently that my parents have resorted to food stamps, and we're behind in rent payments by three months..

The amp is a Triumph 120 and the cab is a 212MS with G12T-75s. Easily replaceable. It's the sentimentality of my two guits that really bums me the hell out. :( The worse news is that both guitars are practically gutted; when I had money, I planned to mod them to hell. BG pups, good bridges/tuners, etc.. never got around to it. The Kelly has all it needs, but, I can't put it all in.. and the SG has nothing. So, I'm really scared about resale value.

But.. whatever it takes to get cash. :(

Good luck to everyone in a {censored}ty situation. And you, too, Carbs! I hope you never have to sell those beautiful guits!

Sorry to semi-thread-jack, by the way.. I had to vent about it, even if it was only a small paragraph.

• Members

OP: just out of interest, what do you do, or what does your business do? Are you sure it's all gone until next year? Could you do something else in the meantime, branch out, diversify, whatever?

Our business is (was) home improvements - window, siding, and roofing installation. Between "home sales down 27%" and the media shouting, "Whatever you do, don't invest in your home right now," we're pretty much out of luck. The doors officially closed today. I've started thinking about what I want to do next in life. I've got some ideas. :)

• Members

It would be great to have things go back to what they were like 4 years ago.

Didn't think I would hear that from you! I agree.

Maybe a new door has opened Carbs!

I talk myself out of selling a guitar every day. But I am happy when they sell.

It's just stuff.

Archived