$42 for a truss rod adjuster?!

scolfax

• Members

thats a mini socket wrench actually. $42 is still stupid, but id guess most off the shelf socket kits might not fit in the opening.

You're right. The StewMac one I just got works, but doesn't fit in the cavity quite right - the cavity in the guitar is a tiny bit shorter than the wrench wants. So if I can't get over this, where can I find a "mini socket wrench"?

Anyway, finally got the action down the way I like it, which is a good thing.

• Members

I checked all the local (and national and online) hardware stores - no one sells a nut driver angled to fit in the truss rod channel of the headstock except for StewMac. They sell 3 sizes for $9 each, and then add another $7 for shipping. I'm still on the fence, but I need to order a special size one that Stew Mac has that isn't available elsewhere. Spent $30 on tool sets from the hardware store only to find out they don't fit in there (they're still good sets to have...). About time I bit the bullet and bought the ones from Stew Mac! ;)

• Members

Stew-Mac?

Hell, Allparts has 'em for 5-6 bucks apiece in different sizes! Here's the link to their webpage with catalog numbers, surely a guitar store near you carries Allparts stuff. If they don't have it in stock, just have 'em order it!

Allparts trussrod wrenches

PRS is LAME LAME LAME when it comes to overpricing generic parts like pots and stuff. Sounds like they need to get in the gasoline business.

• Members

Is there an SE edition of the PRS wrench???

The truss rod nut on the SE is a different size than on the USA PRS. Needs a different wrench.

The last PRS I bought didn't have the wrench with it. I stopped by a local PRS dealer to get one and he gave it to me for free.

It's worth a shot.

Archived