Is my '52 reissue a fake?

thom

• Members

Go for it!

Oh. Now that all that mucky muck is out of the way, how's it play?
:)

The neck is huge, I'm used to the smooth slim v-neck on my tokai strat. Even the sticky neck on my Gibson LP jr plays way faster. It's also kinda heavy, my strat feels like holding a violin after plahying on the tele for 20 minutes.

But I'm getting what people mean when they say it's essential for that full woodsy tone. It's a little tougher to play then your average '60s style strat, but a strat can't sound this fat. And that's even with the non-original pu's, I can't wait to try decent vintage style pu's.

I'm gonna have to check the wiring for grounding/shielding issues and take care of the lousy set-up before I judge it too hard though, cause it does sound kinda buzzy and noisy.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It looks exactly as thick, opaque and orangey as my legit 52AVRI.

As much as I love my Tele (my #1 and the last guitar I've ever consider parting with), I've always been disappointed with the look of the finish. Goddamned thing looks like a Werther's Original!

I think it's the best argument in favour of relics and roadworns. No matter how long I own the Tele, how hard I play it or the number of gigs I take it to, it will never age the way a real blackguard would.

• 8 years later...

Archived