Forum Asshats!

mnewb1

• Members

Acoustic forum is slower and has a different feel than here. Polite to a fault, you might say. Some other forums are really great but incredibly slow (ex: recording forum). EG is the only one that feels "home" and I am more and more qualifying as an electric player...

• Members

I discovered the Harmony Central Guitar Forum in January 1998, when it was a single page bboard that moved slowly. Back then, it was (to me, at least) like a neighborhood bar. These days, I waste most of my time here and at GJ, but visit Effects, Amps, DIY and PP.

I view it like a food court at a mall. It's still HC, and there is something here for everyone. If you want the kinder, gentler forum - there is TDPRI. If you want the place with the same Sysco food but "upscale" clientele, there is TGP.

• Members

Acoustic forum is slower and has a different feel than here. Polite to a fault, you might say. Some other forums are really great but incredibly slow (ex: recording forum). EG is the only one that feels "home" and I am more and more qualifying as an electric player...

Jkater,

At the risk of sounding polite to a fault, that is a beautiful Paul in your link. Is that honey burst or lemon burst, perhaps?

• Members

i think its a matter of being self aware.. if you are cool with being an ass in a hat.. and you can just wear it and get on with it.. thats one thing..

its the folks who will NEVER admit that they indeed are ass hats are the most assyist hats of all hatted AssI..

• Members

Jkater,

At the risk of sounding polite to a fault, that is a beautiful Paul in your link. Is that honey burst or lemon burst, perhaps?

Lemon burst, officially named. It's a Gary Moore signature LP from 2000. The first GM sig (he had other LP's named after him afterwards, even from Heritage...) with the first Burstbuckers as stock pick-ups. As you can see, the pups have been swapped (for 57 classics). I still have the original BB's and trussrod cover with the tacky golden lettered nameplate. It's basically a Standard without binding rather than a studio with a pretty top. Full and chunky, it is a very good LP that I'm glad I got.

LPGMsig.jpg

GaryMoorewithpickguard.jpg

• Members

I actually enjoy TGP, although I always feel poor after visiting there...

I keep getting "warnings" there.

Never happened anywhere else, except for Ultimate-Guitar, which is understandable, given that UG appears to be gang-moderated (and trust me, I use the term "moderated" very loosely) by about 300 mentally-challenged Limey teenagers who make up the "rules" as they go.

Archived