Music123 spams me about their new site

fu2jobu

• Members

I figured they had fixed some of the bugs with the new roll out they made a short while back.... nope, searching for Gibson Les Paul still returns 2 hits (after filtering down to Guitar).... An Epiphone Sparkle Flake and

Gibson Custom Refin Hot-Mod 1955 Les Paul Tune-O-Matic...

I'm gonna assume the rest of the site is still 'broken'.

:facepalm:

• Members

It remains, like HC2.0, unpleasant.

Ain't that the truth.

I hadn't looked at their site for a while and clicked it yesterday. OMG that is awful. Who's brainchild was that?

I can't believe they would green light a site where you can't even filter by manufacturer.

• Members

They deserve what they get.

And the business they don't get.

They have (or had) a site feedback button, so I used it a week or so ago and stated my complaints and concerns. At the foundation of what I said was that I wanted M123 to remain a site where one could easily search for and purchase gear, that I didn't want my shopping experience to be hindered by or buried under layers of social networking features.

The reply I received dismissed all my concerns. Social networking and creating community is what people want these days, I was told.

Okay, I thought. And I never returned. Until today. And the site remains an abomination.

I don't like Facebook, and I don't like M123book.

I just gotta hope that MusiciansFriend doesn't go the same route.

• Members

And the business they don't get.

They have (or had) a site feedback button, so I used it a week or so ago and stated my complaints and concerns. At the foundation of what I said was that I wanted M123 to remain a site where one could easily search for and purchase gear, that I didn't want my shopping experience to be hindered by or buried under layers of social networking features.

The reply I received dismissed all my concerns. Social networking and creating community is what people want these days, I was told.

Okay, I thought. And I never returned. Until today. And the site remains an abomination.

I don't like Facebook, and I don't like M123book.

I just gotta hope that MusiciansFriend doesn't go the same route.

Love it when {censored}ing corporate America tells you want you really want. My guess is that M123book is just a precursor to MusiciansFriendbook.

• Members

I had to order from them about a week ago through the new site since they were the only one with what i needed in stock and with free shipping on a small purchase. It took me an about 20 minutes to get 2 items in my cart and purchased when it should have only taken about 2 minutes.

• Members

I love M123. Even if I find it on GC or MF I usually go through them; they've been great in terms of customer service for years.

I just sent them a Dear John letter on the website feedback.

Now I know that we all went through the HC2.0 thing here and I tried very hard to be optimistic and find workarounds to make due because my point of view was that they were providing a service free of charge for me. So basically I am in their house so I am not going to start throwing a fit if I can help it.

But you saw how quickly they reverted back after site traffic had slowed to a crawl. They aren't even selling anything here; just imagine how bad it's going to be when their sales fall to {censored} because people can't find what they are looking for, can't get over the slow ass incompatability with IE8 and just don't like the layout.

I mean if they were the only game in town it would be one thing, but they're competing with at least two other 'companies' that share the same warehouse and even use the same stock numbers.

It won't last long in my estimation.

• Members

Ok take your guess as to when they will resort back to the regular M123 site and not this BS HC2.0 Jivea$$turkey website? I'm guessing before the end of October. Also if you call in to M123 for anything, please mention you are not satisfied with the Jive Software website. They will get the message if everyone floods the phone lines to order instead of online.

Archived