Pod HD video

cerebrix

• Members

Wow...I had sworn off Line6 gear...but this looks pretty sweet! Wonder if it will blow away my Tonelab?

standing in the room when this thing is being played thru a decent amp and cab, if you were not told it wasnt those exact amps, youd have no idea.

like i said, i went back and forth between the fractal room and the line6 room, and i honestly couldnt tell the difference model for model.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bummer, no beans.. Guess my X3 is gonna be with me a lot longer. I used to have the floor version of the XT, but I found that I have no use for the floor specific elements. I don't use wah, and my volume knob does a fine job. Disappointing.

• Members

Bummer, no beans.. Guess my X3 is gonna be with me a lot longer. I used to have the floor version of the XT, but I found that I have no use for the floor specific elements. I don't use wah, and my volume knob does a fine job. Disappointing.

The main thing I use from the floor version is changing presets and turning distortion/od on and off.

• Members

The main thing I use from the floor version is changing presets and turning distortion/od on and off.

In a live setting, sure, that's a great feature. I don't gig though. I record at my desk. When I want a new patch, I use the mouse to get it. For me, the floor unit is just a trip hazard. The bean is perfect for what I do. Guess Line6 is telling me that I need to gig huh? I HATE BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO! heheheh Maybe they'll make a POD Farm 3 that has all the HD models built in?

• Members

In a live setting, sure, that's a great feature. I don't gig though. I record at my desk. When I want a new patch, I use the mouse to get it. For me, the floor unit is just a trip hazard. The bean is perfect for what I do. Guess Line6 is telling me that I need to gig huh? I HATE BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO! heheheh Maybe they'll make a POD Farm 3 that has all the HD models built in?

That would be nice, but what are the odds they'll do it considering how short a time it's been since the released POD Farm 2?

Maybe you could figure out a way to fit an HD300 on your desk?

I'm surprised they aren't at least offering a "pro" rack mount version.

• Members

That would be nice, but what are the odds they'll do it considering how short a time it's been since the released POD Farm 2?

Spec-wise, how does the 300 differ from the 500?

• Members

With an all new amp modeling foundation, they are going to have to offer new software, even if it just interfaces with Pod HD's, otherwise you won't be able to use you HD amps as a plug-in in a DAW.

• Members

500 it would be, cuz I gotta have the XLR input.. I run dual outputs from my DC127 for the magnetics and piezo, then blend them (or not) when I mixdown..

Well . . . since you're recording to the computer, maybe you could use the Line 6 software to control the Pod and keep it under the desk or something?

I'm sure you could figure out a way to make it usable for your setup if you really want to use the new models, etc.

• Members

For all the hype, I think the Line 6 M9 and M13 sound lousy! The really ruin the sound of a great tube amp IMO.

to each his own but I disagree. I've been using my M13 live between 3 and 8 times a month since I bought it over a year ago or so. The distortions are usable, nothing spectacular, but definitely usable, and the effects are excellent. And even though the distortions aren't anything amazing, they are good enough that I've stopped using my amp's gain channel and just use the amp's clean channel and the distortions and fx from the M13. It sounds very good and I've never had a complaint from anyone, including my bandmembers who are the first to tell me when a new piece of gear I'm trying out sounds like ass.

• Members

The sound clips I've heard to this point leave me disappointed. Granted they don't sound horrible, but from the hype they used to promote this thing they didn't live up to it. Not even close IMHO. Could be production value, but I've heard plenty of clips from other products over the internet and they sound better to me. Grain of salt consideration taken, I'm still left scratching my head about the fuss made over this thing.

Now what I do like a lot are the editor and the fact that you get a built in foot controller for $499. That right there ensures compatablity and shaves a few bucks off the cost of a lot of other rigs. The multiple views and button modes is nice too. I think that they put a lot of thought into actually using the thing and came out on the winning end there.

I've seen one or two user clips on youtube that make it sound a lot better, but there's still something going on there that I don't dig soundwise. I'll revisit them and check them out again, but there has been something historically about L6 stuff that I don't get along with. I think that their effects are really good, but their amp modelling has always left me wanting.

But for $500 bones it really looks like the bang for the buck is strong in this one. :lol:

Is Amplitube 3, that much better than 2? I have 2, and while I love the sounds I find that subtle touch picking loses it's dynamic. I also found that rolling the volume knob back doesn't have the same effect.

A3 beats the crap out of A2 IMHO. I didn't spend tons of time with either, but after a few hours with each one (at different times as well) I knew within minutes that I didn't like A2 and that A3 was a serious contender for a purchase. The only thing that kept me from pulling the trigger was that I was trying to help my friend get his MIDI controller setup to work with it and after a few hours of beating our heads against the wall I discovered that it was in fact a known bug. 2 months of waiting for a patch turned me off from buying it.

• Members
so the question is....Is it good enough to replace a pedalboard full of pedals? If so...I want one...
:D

My theory is that if I get the same effects as an M13 plus a looper, the amp sims are just extras. I mean the M13 sells for the same price as the HD500 currently.

Archived