Les Paul knocked over, buzz at 10th

JohnnyRaincheck

• Members

Replace those strings before you do anything. I had a Strat take a nasty hit and a string wound up with a kink/dent on the underside from striking a fret that wasn't visible from the top. This caused a rattle at the next fret up the neck.

• Members
Short story long, my Wife knocked over my BFG accidentally (??!!??)

:eek:

A
parapraxis
is an act that appears to be unintentional but can be understood, through psychoanalytic exploration, to be perfectly motivated and unconsciously determined. A brief and delimited disturbance that may be spontaneously explained as the result of chance or inattention, a parapraxis may be readily perceived by its initiator or by a third party to be a "mistake."

Sorta like when my wife managed to accidentally put the vacuum cleaner through the speaker cone of my old Peavey several years ago. :lol:

• Members

Replace those strings before you do anything. I had a Strat take a nasty hit and a string wound up with a kink/dent on the underside from striking a fret that wasn't visible from the top. This caused a rattle at the next fret up the neck.

Good call. I've actually had that happen as well. It causes the string to vibrate in strange ways.

Archived