SEVEN AUTHENTICATED AUTOGRAPHS in OCTOBER DREAMS horror book. Holy moly!

Taylor Davis

• Members

While shopping for books to read in a local thrift store, I found a Horror volume anthology titled: "OCTOBER DREAMS, A

CELEBRATION OF HALLOWEEN"

Has autographs of seven of the authors who submitted and published stories

in the book.

Writings remarks and drawing(a cool little skull) are dated and signed

verifying the time when they were all at NECON 23, a writers workshop. what

is further interesting is the writings are "dedicated" to one WINKIE LEE,

Real name Blanche LEE. a well known and highly respected columnist for the

GOLDSBORO NEWS ARGUS in GOLDSBORO NC.

WE proved winkie lee was ALSO at the same writers retreat at the same time thus gaining this book provable provanance and also authenticating all the signings, this is the real deal!

whoo hoo!

sadly, winkie lee died in 2009 and somehow her book ended up in a thrift

store which I bought simply to read. Great book by the way..., especially with all

thoss siggys.

One signee is JACK KETCHUM and another is CHRISTOPHER GOLDEN.

Also F. PAUL WILSON, YVONNE NAVARRO, STANLEY WIATER, RICK HAUTALA and Kelly

Laymon.

thanks for lettin me share.

TD

• Members

Sounds similar to when I bought a stack of 300 records at a garage sale for $20.00. I got them home and started going through them and found a New Orleans Jazz album with a bunch of scribbles on them. Upon closer examination I found that it was a bunch of guys who played on the album and a couple of others. The autographs, it appears, were collected by someone at a concert in N.O. many years ago. Some of these guys have been deceased since the '60's.

• Members

While shopping for books to read in a local thrift store, I found a Horror volume anthology titled: "OCTOBER DREAMS, A

CELEBRATION OF HALLOWEEN"

Has autographs of seven of the authors who submitted and published stories

in the book.

Writings remarks and drawing(a cool little skull) are dated and signed

verifying the time when they were all at NECON 23, a writers workshop. what

is further interesting is the writings are "dedicated" to one WINKIE LEE,

Real name Blanche LEE. a well known and highly respected columnist for the

GOLDSBORO NEWS ARGUS in GOLDSBORO NC.

WE proved winkie lee was ALSO at the same writers retreat at the same time thus gaining this book provable provanance and also authenticating all the signings, this is the real deal!

whoo hoo!

sadly, winkie lee died in 2009 and somehow her book ended up in a thrift

store which I bought simply to read. Great book by the way..., especially with all

thoss siggys.

One signee is JACK KETCHUM and another is CHRISTOPHER GOLDEN.

Also F. PAUL WILSON, YVONNE NAVARRO, STANLEY WIATER, RICK HAUTALA and Kelly

Laymon.

thanks for lettin me share.

TD

Apparently reading these books have also really helped out your spelling!! I've never seen your posts look so good! :thu:

• Members

Wow, Kelly Laymon is the daughter of one of my absolutely fav horror writers, the late Richard Laymon. Jack Ketchum was one of his best friends.

Yeah, she ain't quite the writer her dad was. Jack ketchum is kinda interesting. I know almost nothing about these writers. I do however wish to sell this book and have a couple of folkes interested but no real offers yet.

How could I go about selling this treasure? I already have it up on craigslist and two auction sites. but no real bites yet.. I looked on ebay and some autographs fetch really high prices.

But I don't know what it could be worth. any guesses?

• Members

Hey you olde nederlander, They haint a dad burn thang wrong wit ma writtin and spillink. is they?

But seriously folkes; the book...

i will make you an offer you can't refuse...

2 USD, 3 dollars in USDA Food Stamps, a five Dollar coupon from Pizza Hut, (expires 3/12/2011) a lucky rabbits foot....my grandmas secret Succotash recipe,,, final offer

• Members

i will make you an offer you can't refuse...

2 USD, 3 dollars in USDA Food Stamps, a five Dollar coupon from Pizza Hut, (expires 3/12/2011) a lucky rabbits foot....my grandmas secret Succotash recipe,,, final offer

That's cool. I got it up for sale on an autograph site. and i contacted a bunch of book dealers and autograph hounds. I'm confident Someone will give me a fair price.

Archived