If only it weren't a Starcaster.......

webwarmiller

• Members

the Starcaster pedals aren't that bad either for the money. I have one of those chorus pedals that stands up to my vintage and boutique choruses quite well. Super quiet and tone/mix control which you don't often see on even more expensive choruses.

Haven't tried the guitars tho. I do seem to have a "brand name block" on the guitars.. Pedals, I always believe try anything (especially when your wife buys it for you trying to be nice!!..lol turns out it wasn't all that bad)

• Members

I had a Starcaster, not the original, come into the shop a while back. It needed the fret ends filed and a good fret polish and then it played really well.

Didn't sound that great, but a trip to GFS for some good pups would yield a nice budget guitar.

• Members

Someone's selling one of these. See MusicRadar.(Weren't you chasing after one a while back?)

Yes indeed! I will be forever chasing the dream of a re-issue of this guitar. (see petition in me sig:thu:) Do you have a link per chance to the music radar one?

I would buy a used one, but it would have to be in immaculate condition, and at a decent price, the used ones are waaaaay overpriced for what they are. Fender needs to get the finger out with this one:cop:

Surely a Starcaster re-issue would go down better than their biggest rivals latest offering eh?:idk:

• Members

I wish Fender would put out this same guitar under the Squier name. I've never touched a Starcaster that was even remotely as good as even the lowly Bullet Squiers. Imagine this as a ~$100 bullet.....I think a LOT of us here would buy one for fun.

singlehumstarcaster.jpg

How about this new HH Bullet Strat for $120? It has a skunk-striped neck too. I'd take one of these over the current Starcaster ANY day. :cool:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Bullet-HH-w-Tremelo-Electric-Guitar?sku=H64299

• Members

How about this new HH Bullet Strat for $120? It has a skunk-striped neck too. I'd take one of these over the current Starcaster ANY day.
:cool:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-Bullet-HH-w-Tremelo-Electric-Guitar?sku=H64299

I posted about that one about 2-3 weeks ago when it first hit all the websites. I like it as well and it's a GREAT way for Fender/Squier to regain all the entry level sales they have lost to HH guitars from Ibby, LTD, Jackson, etc.... But just imagine that same skunk-striped neck and black hardware on that single hum hardtail starcaster body. If such a beast existed, I'd be at GC right now buying it....

• Members

So you won't buy this guitar because it's a Starcaster "by Fender" made in China but you WOULD buy a Squier guitar just like it made in China?
:confused:

Yep. I've got at least 5 squier necks floating around (at least 2 are chinese) and all are quite nice (some are excellent). Granted I've done at least a basic level/recrown/dress to all. With that said, I've never held a starcaster that I felt was worth using the parts from. The necks were all similar to those super cheap first-acts found in Toys-r-us. Also I found the bodies were quite a bit different. The roundover on the body seem like it was done with a bit with a much tighter radius. The Starcasters simply aren't built as well as Squiers......and this is deliberate (just as squiers aren't built as well as Fenders).

• Members

I posted about that one about 2-3 weeks ago when it first hit all the websites. I like it as well and it's a GREAT way for Fender/Squier to regain all the entry level sales they have lost to HH guitars from Ibby, LTD, Jackson, etc.... But just imagine that same skunk-striped neck and black hardware on that single hum hardtail starcaster body. If such a beast existed, I'd be at GC right now buying it....

Heck you could prolly find a single pup cutout'd Squier pickguard & then just lock down the trem...voila! :thu:

• Members

...imagine that same skunk-striped neck and black hardware on that single hum hardtail starcaster body. If such a beast existed, I'd be at GC right now buying it....

Pull one of the pups, stick one of these on it, add two more trem springs, and you're good to go. All for $133. Easy peasy.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/Single-Humbucker-Strat-Pickguard-3-Ply-Black_p_676.html

• Members

I've tried to get excited about the Squier bullet series

but they are so balsa light and I about shredded my inside palm on a row of really poorly done fret ends. I haven't touched one in about 2 years.

That HH is a real cool looking guitar. If I saw it I'd want to play it.

I am excited about the new Fender HH Tele's, they look like a Tele Custom DeLuxe with an edge.

• Members

Pull one of the pups, stick one of these on it, add two more trem springs, and you're good to go. All for $133. Easy peasy.

I've got tons of strat bodies around the house I could do that with. It's not the same as a true hardtail and a rear-routed body with just a HB route.

• Members

Yep. I've got at least 5 squier necks floating around (at least 2 are chinese) and all are quite nice (some are excellent). Granted I've done at least a basic level/recrown/dress to all. With that said, I've never held a starcaster that I felt was worth using the parts from. The necks were all similar to those super cheap first-acts found in Toys-r-us. Also I found the bodies were quite a bit different. The roundover on the body seem like it was done with a bit with a much tighter radius. The Starcasters simply aren't built as well as Squiers......and this is deliberate (just as squiers aren't built as well as Fenders).

Well, I misunderstood then. I took it that you liked the guitar but didn't like the fact that it was called "Starcaster" rather than "Squier." If there's a difference in quality that you're referring to then I understand. I have a Squier Jagmaster MIC that's very good quality!

Archived