New $40 MIA Guitar Day....

webwarmiller

• Members

1994 Peavey Predator with Kaces III gigbag for $40 off craiglist. It's filthy, has some hideous chrome topped knobs, and the electronics seem to be on the fritz. The neck is good and straight, frets have no visible wear, and the body looks good. Hope to have time soon to break it completely down, clean everything, fix electronics, and then slap her back together.

img0396r.jpg

• Members

$40, huh?

That might be a record. I bought a cream MIA Predator about 4 or 5 years ago for $55 and thought I might have the cheapest decent condition Predator purchase ever.

Contrats man. Never been a huge fan of those pickups, but they are certainly usable. Or $40 for something GFS used and it's stack up remarkable well against a $1,000 'F style' guitar.

:lol:

HGND! :thu:

TLHNDGirl900.jpg

• Members

There is a shop not to far from me that has several of those MIA peaveys. I often think about picking one up but I already have 2 strats that I love. Cant think of a real reason to buy another one as there are other things I want. You got a stellar deal to buddy. (I don't like those knobs either, but they look cool on realtrees guitar)

• Members

great score! What's wrong with chrome topped knobs?
:cop:

I'll say the chrome top looks much better on your black knobs than on these white ones. These knobs are also really large so they've gotta go.... I've got some normal white strat knobs but would love to have some of the old Peavey aluminum knobs like my T-15 has......unfortunately they would cost more than the guitar :-(

• Members

I'll say the chrome top looks much better on your black knobs than on these white ones. These knobs are also really large so they've gotta go.... I've got some normal white strat knobs but would love to have some of the old Peavey aluminum knobs like my T-15 has......unfortunately they would cost more than the guitar :-(

I actually put those white/chrome knobs on my daughter's pink strat last year, but she has a centered master volume/master tone on hers same as on my Peavey above so they don't look quite so huge. they look good on her guitar though...:o

Archived