HNG(ibson)D for me

fu2jobu

• Members

So I pulled the trigger on a Faded LP Studio. $720 minus $200 for my trade-in gives me a Guitar I want at a price I can easily withstand. Popped my cherry with a faded cherry. Down the road it may get a refinish but for now it's staying stock.

It plays nicer than the guitar I traded in (Epi Oxblood) and satisfies my dream for a Gibson LP. I also tried out one of the plain mahogany LP

• Members

congrats! Those faded necks are a joy to play! Satin necks, imo, make it unpleasant to play high gloss necks.

:thu:

I was a little worried to be honest. I had played a faded SG a few months ago and the feel of the neck turned me off. Only took me about a minute to get used to it on the LP though. It might be one of those not expecting it moments. Like when you drink out of a container you can't see through expecting ice tea and instead get milk. Once I expected it the feeling no longer bothered me.

• Members

Obvious fake.

Just kidding! Happy NGD. I've never owned an LP, and I'm starting to think my next electric will have to be one. One like that would be high on my list. May you play it in good health!

Archived