Gus G.- Ozzy's new guitarist- Shot In The Dark

lincoln40

• Members

This is pretty old news isn't it (half a year). Gus definitely has more chops than any of the previous Ozzy guitar players, but nothing Gus has done is overly memorable or Iconic.. Hopefully if Ozzy keeps him around he will get the chance. Hes a damn fine player.

• Members

This is pretty old news isn't it (half a year). Gus definitely has more chops than any of the previous Ozzy guitar players, but nothing Gus has done is overly memorable or Iconic.. Hopefully if Ozzy keeps him around he will get the chance.

Yeah its not real new. But it is new to some old timers in here who haven't listened to Ozzy since the 80's. I wanted to give them a taste of the new blood.

• Members

Ozzy's best player besides RR was Joe Holmes. People seem to forget him. Gus is a credible player, he has good tone, but he's no ZW. He writes some nice songs for firewind but seems to be kind of generic in his playing lately. I'm not knocking his playing by any means.

Joe Holmes-

YeTdFp8vo00&feature

• Members

Joe Homes appeared in the video but that was originally recorded by Zakk, he left shortly after finishing Ozzmosis. He didn't appear on any albums(except one track for a live album), though he wrote some songs for Gets me Through and this track for the Beavis and Butthead movie, and I do like this song a lot. But yeah he's a great player.

Edit: I just watched the video you posted, I thought you posted the music video for Perry Mason at first, sorry. :facepalm: for me I shoulda watched the video first.

i1kvacPCZJ4

• Members

This is a link of Ozzy with new guitarist Gus G. who replaced Zakk Wylde. He is a damn good player, better than Zakk in some ways:

Sorry, but he looks like he was pulled out of the front row and his playing has no personality whatsoever. Typical 21st century bland shredder.

However, that's exactly what Sharon would want isn't it? That's why Jake got the push wasn't it?

Still, the mix is great and the enhanced focus on the keyboards sounds fantastic!

• Members

Gus certainly has the chops, but to me he plays too "safe". Does that make sense? I get the sense that he's holding back and playing it safe, rather then just letting it rip.

I agreed with you right up until the 2nd solo when Gus let loose a little more and showed what he's capable of. That said, Jake E. Lee left some massive shoes to fill. But I think Gus can do it once he's a little more comfortable in the gig.

On another note, Ozzy certainly downgraded when it comes to his bass player. Sheeesh...
:facepalm:

No kidding. Bring back Jason Newstead or suck it up and give Bob Daisley the props he deserves.

Archived