I nearly had a heart attack...

bluesnapper

• Members

Happy with my Strat... bought a Les Paul Studio over the summer...

I'm thinking about getting my acoustic refretted - the first few frets have worn down to the board! :eek:

Maybe a boutique practice amp... these are awesome - http://www.dc-developments.com/cornell_plexi7_combo.htm

Maybe a 1x12 speaker cab to boost my gigging combo...

Or a car. That gear won't move itself!:poke:

• Members

Good result!

Either way your going to get Gas.....

- Buy the car - all your money will go on Gas and your GAS won't be cured.

- Buy a Guitar - at least a temporary cure for GAS.

Depends on how much you need the car, remember you'll need to budget for insurance, tax and general running cost's won't leave much from your rebate to buy the car. However on a cold winter morning's commute you'll enjoy the car far more than a guitar.

• Members

see what is in KoaFreak's avatart? see if you can buy that. you should easily be able to find an analogue, and insert yourself into the picture, and probably have some cash left over for a material good, like a refridgerator or one of those scanner/printer things..., or maybe even a car...You can get a truck here in the states for $500. That's what, 150 quid?....{censored}, you could have 2 bisexuals for a night, plus a fridge, plus a truck to move your gear.

:idk: what am I missing?

• Members

Get the car.

I know a shiny new guitar sounds like the ticket right now, but do the responsible thing and put the windfall towards a car. Take at least 1000 of it for the car and the rest towards a new guitar if you must (maybe throw a few bucks towards something nice to keep the missus off your back).

In the long run, you will thank yourself.

• Members

First good guitar I ever bought was/is a 1983 Custom Shop Edition Les Paul Studio Standard.

The salesman said that "it's as good as putting your money in blue chip stock". ;)

Even though I was just 27 at the time, I knew he was giving my willy a good yanking with that statement, but it felt good. :lol:

an '83 bought in '84 for $800 + tax now worth maybe $1500 or so.

How'd I do??

Well, that's a bit over 3% a year. :idk: Not too horrid I guess.

Answer is clear, invest it in a Les Paul. Used if you have to.

did I help?

• Members

Get the car.

I know a shiny new guitar sounds like the ticket right now, but do the responsible thing and put the windfall towards a car. Take at least 1000 of it for the car and the rest towards a new guitar if you must (maybe throw a few bucks towards something nice to keep the missus off your back).

In the long run, you will thank yourself.

This.

I would be getting the GEEtars but that's me. Do the refret, get the car, and get the hookers :cop:

• Members

I kind of get a kick out of hearing car purchases described as "responsible". Guess it's a matter of perspective. And considering the OP lives in a (geographically) small island nation with {censored}loads of public transportation, I'm sticking with the guitar or amp man.

• Members

an '83 bought in '84 for $800 + tax now worth maybe $1500 or so.

How'd I do??

Well, that's a bit over 3% a year.
:idk:
Not too horrid I guess.

You did pretty terribly. Did that even match inflation over that time period?

If you're buying a regular production guitar, not something vintage or otherwise special, don't kid yourself that it's an investment. It's not.

• Members

It depends where you live. Public transport is pretty useless over here, so I need a car pretty much every day.

Also, if you gig, someone in the band needs a good sized car or van.

If you genuinely don't need a car though, don't get one.

They're very expensive to run.

Archived