Fender Jaguar with a Floyd Rose ? Possible ?

Stooges_Fan

• Members

There will be people who frown upon that...

I'm one of those people who think it's your stuff, make it work for you.

I think Pete made the big point... the body thickness. Something makes me think Jags are kinda thin... but Iommi has an SG with a floyd so if you have skills, or know a good tech, I don't see why you couldn't get that done.

• Members

If you're modding an existing guitar, those who would be pissed off at you would be less pissed if it's a Classic Player or a tune-a-matic/stop bar equipped HH model that gets routed for a trem. The later would leave you without the weird hole behind the Floyd and would already be cut for 'buckers.

• Members

It's totally possible depending on how much work you want to do.

I think the wood is the same thickness as a strat or tele.

The main issue is the routing. It would be nice if Warmoth would do it for you.

As for people "frowning upon it"..well, they can go {censored} themselves.

I'm sure when 20 year old Eddie Van Halen went into a guitar store and asked in his weenie little voice "hey, Mr. music store employee, can I put a humbucker in a srat to beef up the tone", he was met with a lot of "frowning".

"Stupid kid, why don't you just get a les paul like Jimmy P, MAN? A strat is a STRAT, MAN!! Now go play the same pentatonic blues licks Paige and Clapton play, you don't mess with a good thing."

A guitar is a piece of wood with strings on it. People are really dopey. Unless you have some highly collectible instrument that will lose tremendous value, do what you {censored}ing want with your guitar!!

I like les paul tone, but I hate the weight and the balance...so if I do everything I can to make my strats/teles/jazzmasters bridge position sound fat and thick, why does that upset some douche bag?

Rant, over.

• Members

What you start with is the jagmaster, it has a strat trem rout, then modify for FR. I'm sure there are some out there.

Good point, Jagmaster's are cheap and the body seems to be decent quality..I have one.

• Members

What you start with is the jagmaster, it has a strat trem rout, then modify for FR. I'm sure there are some out there.

Since you posted this, the wheels have been turning. In the new year when i get the cash together, i am going for it!

Squire Jagmaster - sunburst.

Warmoth Vintage Modern 1 piece maple neck/fretboard (i might go for the birdseye:love:) with black block inlays 22frets.

Im gonna stick a floyd on that bitch, and throw on a Dtuna too!:rawk:

Pick ups - TBC, but im gonna go for coil taps on there too!

Also Gonna stick a Vilex Jack booster on the input!

FrankenJag!:thu:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived