So I was at Guitar Center the other day..........

dcooper830

• Members

My computer sound is broken so I guess I'm happy I didnt have to listen to what y'all seem to be cringing at. Dam in the old days there used to be signs saying " No Stairway" just like in "Wayne's World" then later or a bunch of years later the sign changed to " No Smells like Teen Spirit".
Still after playing for 40 years for some reason I freeze up and can never think of anything to play at the store.I usually rip out "bark at the moon" or the old Priest "heading out to the highway" So that gets me thinking what do Y'all play when your trying out a guitar to by and the sales guy is standing over your shoulder and about 15 other people are looking at you.

• Members

I love the part at 1:12 or so where he glances annoyingly at the other kid 2 amps over.

yeah....that made me LOL..... and you know he was thinking "{censored}in' noob over there is making some SERIOUS noise....asshat is totally {censored}in' up my demo"

• Members

My computer sound is broken so I guess I'm happy I didnt have to listen to what y'all seem to be cringing at. Dam in the old days there used to be signs saying " No Stairway" just like in "Wayne's World" then later or a bunch of years later the sign changed to " No Smells like Teen Spirit".

Still after playing for 40 years for some reason I freeze up and can never think of anything to play at the store.I usually rip out "bark at the moon" or the old Priest "heading out to the highway" So that gets me thinking what do Y'all play when your trying out a guitar to by and the sales guy is standing over your shoulder and about 15 other people are looking at you.

usually some random wankage. Sometimes some riffs like hot rod lincoln, just got paid, sultans of swing. Might play some original riffs. Depends on what I'm testing out and what kind of tones I'm trying to find in it. I think the last time I went to GC and tried a guitar or amp I played the lead from highway star.

Or if someone is hovering over me and annoying me and I'm in a particularly ornery mood, I'll put one of the strings slightly out of tune and play sweet home alabama as badly as I can.

• Members

He might actually be decent if he laid off the whammy bar.

Also, I too suffer from music store freezing up. Mostly because I have two goals:

1. Not be annoying.

2. Not look like a moron who doesn't know how to play.

Generally I end up playing "Raining Blood" or "Cowboys From Hell," interspersed with some general licks just to get a feel for the neck.

• Members

Also, I too suffer from music store freezing up. Mostly because I have two goals:

1. Not be annoying.

Generally I end up playing "Raining Blood" or "Cowboys From Hell," interspersed with some general licks just to get a feel for the neck.

This.

It's always good to show off some badass riffs and original stuff that ISN'T annoying at a guitar shop. And when i saw that vid of the guy staring at the camera while everyone sucks at guitar, i knew his pain :cry: I have yet to see a great guitarist demo at a guitar shop.

• Members

1. Not be annoying.

+2

The last time I checked out a guitar in my local store, the owner thanked my for playing accousticly. He said he was longing for some quiet, or a string quartet for a change.

And you know, I felt more at easy trying out the guitar that way.

And over a year ago, when I had only just started playing, in a different store I tried my hand at a bit of Cream, sunshine of my love. And I sucked ...

A few minutes later when I was talking to my friend about a Les Paul, the empoyee in the back (looks like a tall Ronnie Wood) starts humming sunshine of my love ... I must have done something right I guess.

Tip: don't try smoke on the water, guitar store employees don't respond well to that.

Archived