Electric To Acoustic?

Guitar God

• Members

If your electric has a thin, wizard-like neck strung with .008s, and you're playing an acoustic with high action strung with .012s, I could see an issue. Otherwise, I agree with bsman - it's in your head! Just pick up the acoustic and rock on!

• Members

I always make a point to play an acoustic like and acoustic, an electric like an electric, a bass like a bass, etc. If I was trying to solo on an acoustic or play percussive rhythms on an electric I could see where that would screw me up.

I played acoustic almost exclusively for a year or two. Changed my electric soloing for the better. I like to blur the lines.

• Members

After only owning an acoustic for 15 and some-odd years before ever buying an electric, I have realized that I'm not fond of acoustic anymore or at least I've become disenchanted with steel strings and sold them all off. If/when I get another one, it will more than likely be setup with nylons.

• Members

I switch back and forth frequently, easily, and with no problem. It's all in your head!!!

Same here, but I purposely set up my acoustics and electrics to feel as close to the same as I can...a lot of electric players use extra-light (.010-.046) or lighter strings on their electrics and .012-.053 or heavier sets on their acoustics.

I use .012 - .053 sets on both...only difference is that my "G" (.024) is wound on my acoustics and plain on my electrics.

I find that this works for me. :)

Archived