Anybody have a Les Paul BFG?

Dash4814

• Members

Here's mine. I added truss rod cover, P90 cover, pick-up ring on the HB, switch-tip, pickguard and replaced wooden knobs but it still looks like a big piece of sushi. I love my "Butt Fugly Guitar". I use the P90 mostly but I also like the Burstbucker. I believe it's chambered. That helps keep it light. Definitely one of my favorites.

BFGcomp.jpg

• Members

Here's mine. I added truss rod cover, P90 cover, pick-up ring on the HB, switch-tip, pickguard and replaced wooden knobs but it still looks like a big piece of sushi. I love my "Butt Fugly Guitar". I use the P90 mostly but I also like the Burstbucker. I believe it's chambered. That helps keep it light. Definitely one of my favorites.

BFGcomp.jpg

Looks exactly like a slab of salmon :lol:

Would :o

• Members

I had one and loved it. I changed it to the standard wiring (4 pots, horn switch). Put a TR cover and P90 cover on it. Mine was gold. Loved the feel of the wood and the neck thickness, loved the chambering, loved the awesome tone.

But I am not an LP guy and wanted the money instead. I consider them good value, and would def consider buying another.

There is a black one on ebay now, cheap.

• Members

When they first came out, almost everybody ripped on them, but I always liked the idea. I played two of them at a local shop that always sets their $800+ guitars up and I really liked it. They had a gold/amber one and a red one. I really liked the amber and I usually love transparent black finishes, but to this day, I've never seen a black original non-finished BFG in black.

They also made a studio version with a full gloss finish, but the same pickup combo.

I really liked the ones I played. 99% chance I'd rewire it for stock, put on matching knobs and probably put something a little less aggressive in the bridge. Probably a potted Seth Lover. I think the BB3 is pretty sweet for what it is, but I just don't need that much aggression and it's more than I'm used to so I'd have to change all my amp and pedal settings with the BB3.

I've missed out a couple times buying one used, but one was red and one was blue. I'd be 75% interested in a black one and 25% interested in the amber.

BFG_0089.jpg

BFG_0099.jpg

• Members

I have a 10% coupon on ebay and the guy relisted it for $100 less than what I consider the going rate.

But I have no need for that guitar, especially un-modded like my old one, even though I always wanted a black one. I also don't really have the money.

So clearly I don't need it. But you do! :poke:

• Members

I have a 10% coupon on ebay and the guy relisted it for $100 less than what I consider the going rate.

But I have no need for that guitar, especially un-modded like my old one, even though I always wanted a black one. I also don't really have the money.

So clearly I don't need it. But you do! :poke:

I'm watching it. 2 days left, I may bid. Looks like they're going for around $850ish. I'd hit it.

• Members

My friend had a black one when they first came out and left it at my place for a few months when he went out of town for a while. I dug the hell out of it. The BB3 is a bit harsher than I like and the P90 is...well it's a P90 which sounds awesome and has a lot of hum to it. The neck was one of my favorite things about it though. I ended up buying an LPVM because of the similar neck feel (even though I sold that to fund the LP I own now).

I wouldn't buy one as my only LP which is what kept me from jumping on it. I'm very much into more traditional/vintage type of sounds when it comes to the LP and knowing that I could only have one at the time I couldn't justify it. But right now I do have an empty slot in my guitar rack...if the right deal came along I'd jump on it in an heartbeat. It's unique enough of an instrument to own as an alternative LP.

Archived