OMG - The Bugera V5 is well worth its Kudos

GAS Man

• Members
Can anyone compare the V5 to the VHT Special 6? They're both up at the top of my list at the moment. Thanks...

I have both and they really couldn't be more different. The clean channel on the HT5 is dull city! I use a Fish/Chips in front of mine mainly on the clean channel to open it up a bit. I've been kinda sick of the gain channel for a while. The Nasalliness (is that a word) is really getting to me as far as mid-gain tones. The VHT is very Vintage. Overdrives pretty well to a certain extent before getting too ratty and is nice and open sounding, kinda Vox meets Champ. Takes pedals well too. Still, easily my favorite in this category is the Crate V8 Palomino.

• Members

I think i might jump on my email quote for $99 for one of these, and maybe get 2.

Hopefully they are just as moddable as the valve jr's.

hey man, after you order yours, any chance you'd be willing to share that quote? I've thought about picking one of these up but have been waiting to be able to get one for 99 bucks.

• Members

I think i might jump on my email quote for $99 for one of these, and maybe get 2.

Hopefully they are just as moddable as the valve jr's.

Ive wondered about mods myself. I can tell you they respond to tube changes very well. The stock speaker aint bad either. I tried a Weber Sig-8 alnico and it was pretty harsh.

Archived