Ibanez Artcore Posse!!!

NoirAbattoir

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Bmajor

Most production guitars are made overseas. What's your point?

THE POINT IS IT'S THE LOWEST-END GUITAR JUNK LIKE STAGG OR SOMETHING!!!!!! U FEEL ME?????

Originally posted by bronco

Oh my gosh! No way! Like, gag me with a spoon. Like, no way.

Go study your scales or something worthwhile and quit wasting posting space.

??????

Originally posted by double rocker

try to find something these days that's not made in china.
:rolleyes::p

arias are made in korea, old ibanez are made in japan and/or korea. epiphones are made in korea. and so on and so on...
that's about the arched tops of the price range...

• Members

More and more things are being made in China these days. All the Japanese electronic companies have been setting up factories in China as the labor force there will work for far less than other countries. Is the quality inferior? It depends from one factory to the next, just like when manufactoring started to take place in Japan then Korea.

• Members

yeah yeah sure... I know I know... I've been also told that artcore's quality is damn unbeatable for the cash... and I've even made sure in it myself!
but u see... in my country when a guitarist hears a word 'China' his face immediately blurrs with a grin:
- hey, where's your guitar made in?
- china
- ah... so you're just starting to play, huh?
- no, I've been playing for five years already...

:confused:

• Members

I'm not even refering to just the Artcore product. So many things are coming out of China. For example, I was looking at a Sony camera the other day, you know, Sony that huuuge Japanese company. Well this fairly expensive digital Sony camera was made in China. So the country that a product was made in does not determine quality any more.

• Members

Originally posted by xStonr

I'm not even refering to just the Artcore product. So many things are coming out of China. For example, I was looking at a Sony camera the other day, you know, Sony that huuuge Japanese company. Well this fairly expensive digital Sony camera was made in China. So the country that a product was made in does not determine quality any more.

if so than why chinese squiers sound like crap and are made like crap but old korean/american squiers rule???

why chinese stagg is made like crap while korean arias are of a high-quality???

• Members

I'm not quite sure if it is some news (hope it is), but I've just come across these models: Artcore Custom... I really doubt they're made in China (hey, they're CUSTOM anyway!!!) and they're good-priced (~$800)! check out these beauty-jazzers:
AF105NT-12-01.jpg
This model has interested me most:
AF105FNT-12-01.jpg

the link

• Members
Originally posted by ZHeN

yeah yeah sure... I know I know... I've been also told that artcore's quality is damn unbeatable for the cash... and I've even made sure in it myself!

but u see... in my country when a guitarist hears a word 'China' his face immediately blurrs with a grin:

- china

:confused:

I've been playing for 28 years and own several Chinese made guitars and basses. Their quality has really improved in the last couple of years. I have an Ibanez Artcore AM73T, an OLP MM1, an Eleca LP copy, an SX Jazz bass copy, and an OLP MM2 stingray bass copy. They are all fine instruments.

• Members

Well, Ive had my artcore for about 2 weeks now. I ordered a case for it last night. I have an asf75t, I ordered the Ibanez Af100c case, now the af100c case is for the AF85, which to me is the same as my asf75t but without the bigsby, would that be right? The case that Ibanez says I need is the as100c, it looks the same to me, lol. So should I send the case back when I get it, or try out the af100c and see if it fits? Do you guys think itd fit? Im emailing ibanez too.

• Members

Originally posted by javaCat

Well, Ive had my artcore for about 2 weeks now. I ordered a case for it last night. I have an asf75t, I ordered the Ibanez Af100c case, now the af100c case is for the AF85, which to me is the same as my asf75t but without the bigsby, would that be right? The case that Ibanez says I need is the as100c, it looks the same to me, lol. So should I send the case back when I get it, or try out the af100c and see if it fits? Do you guys think itd fit? Im emailing ibanez too.

FWIW: A couple of us have had bad experiences with Ibanez cases and the lining detaching.

BTW: Don't necessarily believe what Ibz says regarding fit. They claim the AG100C fits a TM71 Talman. It doesn't and even if it did I would've returned it because of the lining.

Do you have Ibanez's email? They have no contact info on their website that I've ever been able to find...

• Members

Got a call that my As73 came into so naturally, I had to leave work early to pick it up. All I can say is WHOA....what a nice guitar. The fit and finish is awesome. Bound body, neck, and f holes. Nice smooth neck too. I am really impressed with this Ibanez. I remember an old ad for Ibanez that went..."Best Damn Production Guitar Around". I have to admit it is true. For now, I am really liking how the pickups sound. Especially through my Vintage 16 amp. I connected it to the amp with an old cloth braided cable I had so now I really have this vintage vibe thing going. The sticker says it's make in China. The quality of product is determined by the specs given to the manufactores. If a Chinese product is shabby it's probably because the Q.C. people at that plant didn't give a crap. Which is not the case with this guitar.

I ordered it with the AS100c case and it fits great. It has a nice plush blue velour interior.

• Members

It has a nice plush blue velour interior.

Check closely where the lining is attached to the interior wall of the case.

What other case could you reccomend? I have heard the same about ibanez cases, but I really needed a case, so I just got what (at the time i thought) was the best.

Here is the thread.

I found a cheap MF alternative but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I think AVJ is still looking.

• Members

2 javaCat:
I think you've mistaken the name of your model - it's AFS75T, not ASF75T. I guess Ibanez thought that your model is AS serie (since such model doesn't even exist - ASF75T).

AF100C is for AF series guitars, which your guitar is (I guess), so u shouldn't #@!$ your and our brains with this.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/products/eg/page/AFS75TTRD.html - is this your guitar?!???

• Members

what about Epi cases? i've read somewhere on HC that they are okay, and it looks like at least the AS styles would fit. anyone have any info?

otherwise, i'm going to talk to my local music places about used cases. they're often half the price of new, and if they've held up that long already they're usually constructed well. :cool:

• Members

ZHeN thanks man, I think youre right Ibanez probably just screwed up. Very cool though, this means I wont have to wait any longer to ship out another case. Gracias.

you're welcome :) it's not them, who screwed up :) u did it, man :) u spelled the model name wrong ;)

• Members

I just checked it out, finally found a site that had the dimensions. The af100c is too deep for my guitar, so I went and ordered the as100c. Checked around, the as100c is for shallower bodies, which mine is. Plus, Ibanez themselves said it was for the afs75t so, I checked around with some dealers and they said that thatd be the best fit. Although, AMS was very helpfull with it, so I thank them.

• Members
u see... in my country when a guitarist hears a word 'China' his face immediately blurrs with a grin:

- china

You forgot the part where you play a lot better then him and get a better tone ;) And why do you care what they all think?

• Members
Originally posted by wiz-kid

You forgot the part where you play a lot better then him and get a better tone
;)

in my humble opinion!!!!!
you see in my local guitar community it is considered that if you ain't tappin with distortion and ain't squelin with floyd like satriani - you're no good player... so for me it's just not real to play better... even if I play Donna Lee in original Parker's tempo.

so they'd sure say my chinese guitar ROCKS if I played with distortion on a guitar that would be some superstrat solidbody with floyd ...

• Members
in my humble opinion!!!!!

you see in my local guitar community it is considered that if you ain't tappin with distortion and ain't squelin with floyd like satriani - you're no good player...

so they'd sure say my chinese guitar ROCKS if I played with distortion on a guitar that would be some superstrat solidbody with floyd ...

:( Sorry, I take it there's not many Jazzers there?

Archived