What's worse ?

Bubbluz

• Members

Cash and no GAS or no cash and regular GAS ?

Over the course of the past 18 months I have gone from losing my job of 25 years and a self imposed buying moratorium,to being gainfully employed again as well as receiving a huge influx of $$.

Now with the cash in hand , I no longer have GAS for anything .:confused:

:freak::idk:

• Members

Yeah, my only options are Gas with cash, which usually doesnt last long and results in, Gas with no cash.

Unfortunately i have a compulsive personallity means i kinda go through alot of phases and collect a lot of things, probably not the best trait for a guitarist.....

• Members

That's because G=(D+T)/N*M

Where G is Gas, D is Desire, N is Need, T is Trouble from significant other(s), and M is money. In other words, the more desire and likely trouble related to the item in question, the higher the quantum of G, offset of course by Need and Money. If you need something a lot, and have the money to buy it, this cuts right into your Gas. G is not for the things you need, but for the things you desire, and the things that excite you.

• Members

Yeah, the funny thing is it's when I DON'T have the cash is when I GAS the most, and it is for mid-to higher-end stuff.

When I DO have the cash, the GAS is still there, but for whatever reason I'll get lower-end, but good stuff. Fer instance, in the last two weeks, I sold some stuff, and instead of getting, say, an American Special Strat, I got 1) one of the Xaviere "damaged" gits (the XV-900) for $123 shipped, 2) a Vox VT15 brand new for $129, then I found a 3) used Squier Deluxe Strat for $129, and finally, due to the current "Big Deal" at GC 4) a new Vox VT-30 for $129.

Love 'em all, gives me more variety, and under $550 for all, a pretty good haul. Plus, the GAS is gone...for awhile :rolleyes:

Archived