What would you do?

Jeff da Weasel

• Members

You're 2/3 of the way finished re-stringing your best guitar (which you've just meticulously cleaned), but you're really hungry. Someone knocks at the door. It's a pizza delivery guy with two delicious, steaming hot...

brunettes. Upon closer look, you realize its your old girlfriend when you were 14 and her hot friend. She says to you...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

:snax:

:idea:

..."Oh. My. God. Is that a Martin D-18V Vintage you're restringing? No more pointy guitars? I...I really love the way you've changed. And wow...is it me, or is really hot in here?"

Jeff/Zak: Uhm, yeah, its kind of hot in here Shirley. uhm, you want to slip into something more comfortable? I was just about to re-string my guitar while I ate some pizza. Do you want to join me?

Shirley: No, I can`t right now Jeff. I mean, uhm, Zak. I came here to tell you ... uhm, do you remember that guy that used to sit in front of us in philosophy?

J/Z: Deckling?

Shirley: Yes, Deckling! Well, anyway, I came her because he sent me. You see he... well, its a long story, maybe its just better if I show you. Hannah, my ridiculously hot brunette friend here is from Spain and she claims that Deckling...

• Members

Best let me have that Martin; it's useless now.

Well, I have good news for you, my friend: I play live 2-3 times per week, and practice/work on new material every day I'm not playing. Therefore, these "new" strings have already seen a few gigs, and have probably 10 hours of touchy-feely on them since being installed. The end result is that the sizzle/shimmer one gets off that brand new string set has already dissipated, and has sunk back to the more mellow sound of strings that are starting to be caked with dirt, bits of skin detritus, and pizza grease. I'll be changing the little bastards again in another week or so.

Archived