Tele Guys - SHOW ME your BLONDE,BUTTERSCOTCH,NATURAL,52 style Telecasters!!!

Johansolo

• Members

i cant find my "dream" tele off the shelf/2nd hand(either too pricey, dont like spec, or i cant bond with the body/neck)

so decided to slap one together, ive bought a neck... so i need some inspiration, which is where you come in.

as the title suggests...show me your BLONDE,BUTTERSCOTCH,NATURAL,52 style Telecasters guitars...fender/squier/G&L,Partscaster etc...

go!

• Members

cool...keep em coming :drool :drool :drool

i guess i should expand on why i couldnt find my dream tele...its because im not really a tele player and im not ready to fully commit to being a tele chicken pickin playing country bumpkin (jokes aside...i have the upmost respect for country players and would love to learn that style) but atm im wanting a tele that looks like a tele but i kinda want it to a slight modern rock edge to it? (i refuse to butcher a proper tele for my current needs)

the last tele that owned that i really dug was a squier vintage modified

00019398__top.jpg

which i got really really cheap and loved everything about it...except the tuxedo/penquin look...which is something I DETEST!

anyways like a fool i sold it and have been looking to upgrade to a "better" tele...but sadly the search has been ongoing for over a year now and ive played new ones/2 second hand fenders(US,vintage,MIM,Japan)ones and i just cant find one i like AND can justify the cash for). Id like to try some G&Ls, but sadly they dont exist in perth.

i must add that my favourite tele player is Richie Kotzen...and i would love to try out his signature tele, as theres certain features i really think i would like (ie the strat style comfort cut and the way it is wired) but ive heard its got a stupidly big/fat baseball neck...hence why ive decide to go the build your own/slap toghether route.

anyways...specwise im deciding between

- ash or alder body (im leaning towards swamp ash...even thou my strat is also ash)

- thinline? semi hollow, f-hole (love the f-hole look, but i want the traditional pickguard look)

- bridge type (traditional 3 saddle or modern?...pros and cons?)

- pickups (traditional style or hot rodded or something diffrent (i would like to try a Chopper T in bridge (im a kotzen fanboi) but maybe something like a P90 in neck?)

hopefully peoples can chime (or twang) in and help me decide?

• Members

Archived