NGD - '92 Ibanez RG570 MIJ

RufusFussbuster

• Members

This sat on my local cl for dirt for three days until I couldn't stand it any more.

While it's not OLD old, this is still one of the best condition closet queens I've seen.

MIJ, with OHSC. Two tiny scratches, one small chip on the bottom. Zero fret wear. Other than a small amount of corrosion on the neck plate, there is absolutely no wear on the hardware. No wear on the back of the neck. It's so pristine, I keep wondering if I got some new MIC fake.

I feel kind of bad breaking it out and playing it. :eek: Wait. No I don't. :)

P1010146.jpg

P1010154.jpg

Now if I can work up the nads, the plan is supposed to be to sell this relatively beat 560.

It's been with me since '92, so we'll see how that pans out. :cry:

P1010142.jpg

Oh, and I picked up a DSL50 for a decent price a couple days ago. Digging it!

I was disappointed to find it was a MC212 cab, but the price was right, so I took the cab home, too. I plan on replacing it eventually, but was surprised at how it sounds!

It's built cheaply - MDF, generic Celestions, chip-board back (ew!), but as far as sound goes, I can not complain, for what it is. I just wouldn't plan on dragging it around too often. It wouldn't survive much abuse.

It can sound good and it can handle volume, so I'll gladly rail on it while I take my time finding a replacement.

P1010027.jpg

• Members

Score!

I have a '91 RG760. Pretty sure I couldn't bear to part with it.

If you ever swap out the knobs on that blue one I'll buy 'em from you! Lost mine in the great why-did-I-loan-my-guitar-to-my-brother debacle.

• Members

Hell yeah!

Congrats and Happy NGD!!!

I have an older sibling to your RG 570, mine is a 91' with the matching headstock, though nowhere near as clean as yours. It's been beat up a bit, neck been cracked and repaired. But it is still one of the best playing guitars I've ever picked up. Will never be sold! Enjoy and cherish yours!

• Members

Thanks guys!

I forgot to mention that this doesn't even have the ubiquitous RG neck pocket cracks. I always thought they came from the factory with those. :lol:

Nice.
:thu:

But why sell the RG560? I've got a black '93 RG560 and it's a great guitar. Sometimes it's nice to have a single coil in the neck.
:)

Only in order to keep the gear hoard at semi-reasonable numbers. But I do agree - I've always liked that neck pickup. :)

• Members

Nice! My era of Ibanez. :)

That a Gator case? I bought a bunch of those to bring all my 'Nez to the US, they seem like a good fit for the RG/Jem shape, though they can stress the headstock a little if you don't flatten the high E tuner. I put bubble wrap under the neck to lift it just a smidge.

Got any plans for pickups? The stocks have always been the weak part of the RG5XX package, as you'll know.

I feel like there are less 560s around than 50s and 70s, made for a shorter period. They don't fetch a lot, but still, don't know if I'd dump it. Mattias Eklundh started out with one of those and there aren't a whole lot of RGs that have a single route in the neck pos. I apologize for this reasoning, as someone who has too many guitars and would love to downsize but for a damned emotional attachment even to guitars I haven't played in years. I can tell you're already struggling. :)

• Members

I had to look it up - that's an Ibanez M100C case.

Haven't decided on pickups yet. I have a DiMarzio PAF Pro laying around, so maybe pair that up with a Super Distortion in the bridge - there's a great classic RG combo.

Yeah, after sleeping on it, the 560 stays. The sentimental value to me is more than the dollar value. My wife agrees (!), so that is settled. :thu:

• Members

Good decision on keeping the 560! You would just probably kick yourself if you did sell it, just avoid all of that, LOL!

I have 6 RG models, each of them different enough for me to justify keeping them, in my mind at least....

I don't get the whole "stock pickups suck" thing, most of mine have their stockers and they sound just fine. Usually just a matter of dialing the amp in to compliment the guitar's sound, at least for me. YMMV.

Archived