For $350 which would you rather have?

AVisme

• Members

or spend it on some killer pickups for one of your other guitars.

or an absolutely awesome dinner, which i'm far more obsessed with these days than any sort of material item.

i blame my fiance; she turned me into one of those annoying foodies. our dinner bills would make most people's head explode. just a year ago, i spent $1,200 ONE dinner. and this doesn't include the rest of the money i spent to just get us there.

• Members

or an absolutely awesome dinner, which i'm far more obsessed with these days than any sort of material item.

i blame my fiance; she turned me into one of those annoying foodies. our dinner bills would make most people's head explode. just a year ago, i spent $1,200 ONE dinner. and this doesn't include the rest of the money i spent to just get us there.

Yeah a good feed is an amazing thing...whether it's great street food for cheap or high end quality dining.....

But 1200? {censored} man that must have included significant wine.

• Members
:lol:
Even when I set strict rules to avoid it, you guys still try to bring in alternatives.
:facepalm:

...you should have phrased it as "if you could pick one for free". Then someone could at least consider what they'd get out of it by selling it or using it as a project. As it is, some are cringing at the their $350 going down the drain :lol:

• Members

if I was going to spend $350, I'd save up about $400 and wait until I can talk someone down to selling me a new fender standard for that amount. not theorycrafting; that's exactly what I did with my 09 standard strat and my 09 standard tele.

if I just wanted to get a classic vibe -- which are great too -- I'd look to spend $280-$300.

just gotta be patient, and most important, you gotta ask!

Archived