Post pics of your non Gibson LP style guitars

benzem

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a few Ibanez LP DC types and used to have a Hondo II with a set neck.

Korean AX120. Basically modded to hell. Gibson 57 Classics; new pots, knobs, switch and jack; locking Grovers; Graphtech nut; GFS saddles. Bout all that's stock is the body, neck and the baseplate for the bridge.

LOVE this guitar!

DSC_6973a1.jpg

Korean AX125. Used to have the drop D thingy which I removed. Dimarzio 36th Ann. in the bridge and Air Norton neck.

DSC_7320a1.jpg

Korean GAX70 I stripped and refinished in Tru Oil. At this point, it had TV Jones Classics. Currently has a Dream 180 neck, Dream 90 bridge. All new pots and wiring.

DSC_7071a1.jpg

Korean Ibanez AXS32. Looked pretty cool in a watered down Buckethead sort of way, but it was WAY too light for me, so I sold it. GREAT playing guitar though.

DSC_3677a1.jpg

The Hondo II:

DSC_6309a1.jpg

LTD EC300. Non-carved top, P90s. Played great, sounded pretty decent, didn't dig LTD's version of a Goldtop:

P1070617a1.jpg

• Members
I have a few Ibanez LP DC types and used to have a Hondo II with a set neck.

Korean AX120. Basically modded to hell. Gibson 57 Classics; new pots, knobs, switch and jack; locking Grovers; Graphtech nut; GFS saddles. Bout all that's stock is the body, neck and the baseplate for the bridge.

LOVE this guitar!

DSC_6973a1.jpg

Sweet:love:

• Members
Two Grecos and a Hamer:

4084414488_0ab82b8a9b.jpg

Is that a factory floyd? I really want a floyd LP and love vintage MIJ. I missed a VERY rare '82 Burny LP w/factory floyd on ebay a year ago and haven't seen one since. Can't afford an axcess.

• Members

Is that a factory floyd? I really want a floyd LP and love vintage MIJ. I missed a VERY rare '82 Burny LP w/factory floyd on ebay a year ago and haven't seen one since. Can't afford an axcess.

Not a Floyd, a Kahler. And the guitar did come with a Kahler from the factory: it's an '84 RR-95K model. But I think the bridge was replaced since the guitar was new: I got this guitar 3 years ago, and the Kahler that's on it is the "hybrid" model with a set-screw that can lock the pivoting section in place to make it like a fixed bridge. I don't think that feature was even offered in '84.

Pickups are not original either: it had a no-name in the neck and a '70s Guild HB-1 "high output" humbucker in the bridge when I bought it. I put a Gibson 490R/498T set in it.

Frets badly needed a leveling when I bought it, but after all that work it's now a fantastic guitar.

Archived