Telecaster advice requested

Tony Burns

• Members

I use to own a Telecaster custom- when i was a kid and always wished i would of kept that puppy - a 3 tone sunburt with a plastic binding on her ( even had ill fitting gibson humbuckers -not its best feature- but they worked )

Been thinking about getting a new one -have thought about an American standard in ASH ( has to be American made -)- maybe Natural , possibly the 60th anniversary model ( maybe just hype ?) have to think about which model etc.

I also noticed that their not much off list -where as acoustics are like 60 percent of list - Are fenders hard to deal on ?Any dealers better than other to buy from -sorry about the abundance of questions -im typically an acoustic player - and want to get back into electrics ! Tony

• Members

You can usually get 10-15% off sticker thru any chain store just by asking... more if you get a manager.

If you want to get back in slowly... take a look at the Squier Tele CV50 or CVC. Great guitar for the price.

• Members

You can usually get 10-15% off sticker thru any chain store just by asking... more if you get a manager.

If you want to get back in slowly... take a look at the Squier Tele CV50 or CVC. Great guitar for the price.

Not really a fan of stuff from the orient -

Wondering if dealers do 60 percent of list on fenders ?

-i know Gibson dealer usually dont budge much - was considering a humingbird a couple of years ago- and no one wanted to talk to me about a deal -

Im also not into that beat up look - like the road worn-- they look fake to me ( new )-especially when they add a hefty price tag to it --would rather beat it up myself and pocket the change !

• Members

If you are really concerned about the quality, you might want to check G&L Asat as well...great guitars.

Those Squire Classic Vibe teles are really nice guitars!!! You should certainly check them out before writing them off due to the orient stigma.

• Members

I also noticed that their not much off list -where as acoustics are like 60 percent of list - Are fenders hard to deal on ?Any dealers better than other to buy from -sorry about the abundance of questions -im typically an acoustic player - and want to get back into electrics ! Tony

Where the hell are you finding acoustics 60% OF list (40% off)? That's dealer cost for some brands and for others not enough for the owner of the store to buy lunch let alone pay the bills.

Where do people on this forum get this ridiculous idea that stores should just give them dealer cost plus shipping for the sale price?

And then people wonder why the economy is in the {censored}ter...

• Members

Not really a fan of stuff from the orient -

-i know Gibson dealer usually dont budge much -

Tony, neither was I until I played one. Seriously try one out. Then play any other Tele and compare. Just keep an open mind and ignore where is came from. Use your ears, fingers and mind to make an unbiased decision.

As for no deals on Gibs... I was looking at a $2400 Gibby... they took $400 off without a problem.

• Members

Where the hell are you finding acoustics 60% OF list (40% off)? That's dealer cost for some brands and for others not enough for the owner of the store to buy lunch let alone pay the bills.

Where do people on this forum get this ridiculous idea that stores should just give them dealer cost plus shipping for the sale price?

And then people wonder why the economy is in the {censored}ter...

Honestly its very common in the acoustic world to get a guitar at 60 percent of list price( 40 percent off )Pretty much every Martin and Taylor dealerI know of. an example would be a 1000 dollar acoustic guitar would sell fo about 600 ( plus tax and shipping ) Dont get angry with me -i see this alot -

To say dealers cost -Im not saying that-- that is crazy !-( I didnt say that -you misunderstood me )

I am thinking about a American standard in Ash natural DaleH -

• Members

Honestly its very common in the acoustic world to get a guitar at 60 percent of list price( 40 percent off )Pretty much every Martin and Taylor dealerI know of. an example would be a 1000 dollar acoustic guitar would sell fo about 600 ( plus tax and shipping ) Dont get angry with me -i see this alot -

To say dealers cost -Im not saying that-- that is crazy !-( I didnt say that -you misunderstood me )

I am thinking about a American standard in Ash natural DaleH -

I'm saying that is dealer cost or close to it because I used to be the buyer for a musical instrument store that happened to carry Martin. For a store to give you 40% off MSRP on a Martin is for them to shoot themselves in the foot. The margin just isn't there for most stores to be able to afford that, considering that utilities, rent, and shipping have all ballooned over the past few years. Hell, some places are scraping by giving 30% off.

Archived