NGD!!! White Falcon Content, and new Ricky Pickguard!!

kylef

• Members

Had this imported from the US as i got a good price on it from a dealer.

Sold a few guitars recently, and one day i thought i want a Gretsch, and ive always had something for the White Falcon. Lets face it, it is something of an institution. Shopped around, haggled with this guy, and now it is in my front room.

079.jpg

078.jpg

076.jpg

Here it is with my 355, and Ricky 360/12

075.jpg

I also changed the pickguard on my Ricky to the vintage gold from Pickguardian.com. I also sent my truss rod cover away so they could match it. Really impressed, was worth doing.

080.jpg

082.jpg

You dont have to tell me, i know the pics are bad. Was from my iphone. Will invest ina digital camera.

• Members

They are great looking guitars. I have never played one but it just looks like it's going to perform. Are there any 'famous' players that play a falcon? HNGD, it's a beauty.

I'm sure there're more but I remember seeing Paul Simon's guitar player playing one.

• Members

They are great looking guitars. I have never played one but it just looks like it's going to perform. Are there any 'famous' players that play a falcon? HNGD, it's a beauty.

keith scott played the lead/rhythm for Brian Adams. He has also worked with Cher, Tina Turner, Bryan Ferry, Tom Cochrane, Craig Northey. Has his own sig Gretsch now though.

• Members

Frusciante plays one:

[video=youtube;Z0AXjUy1_gY]

And to the op, sick guitar and that pickguard looks mighty slick on the Ric.

• Members

I think those are one of the most beautiful guitars produced. On that basis I congratulate you on your new guitar. But the only thing that's held me back from getting one myself (despite how much I love that look) is that I find I neglect playing my bulkier guitars. I do have a 6120SSLVO, but I've been cited on that one for guitar neglect. :cry:

Congrats again, she's a beauty! :thu:

Archived