Want to get my girlfriend a cheap (but decent) tele, help?

Deadm1r

• Members

Her b'day is in September, so it's not a massive rush. I've been looking at some tele's from Rondo music, anyone have experience with the tele's there?

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html

This one looks cool:

http://www.rondomusic.com/furrianmnvwh.html

Once again, anyone have any experience with those/any others there?

Thanks in advance!

• Members

What's your budget? Cheap like nothing about 200 cheap or a little more? Because you know what i'm gonna say if you can swing 300 or so
:p

Haha the CV Tele looks great, but it's too expensive for me :( I was just thinking the price range of those guitars from rondo, I can't really go above $150. (well it says 110 bucks for me, I live in Aust so I don't know if it's different prices for people in the states) Those rondo ones look appealing because I've heard they are decent, but aren't very expensive.

• Members

Those SX teles do look nice. You certainly can't beat the price. Have you looked for a used Squier Standard Tele? They come up used for about $150 quite often here (Canada). I just tried out a really nice black one yesterday with a rosewood board at the local used consignment shop. It was only $149.00. I don't know were you are in Australia though so maybe the mail order option might work best for you.

• Members

I have that SX Tele and I love it. The frets on mine were in great shape. I replaced the tuners because a couple of the stock tuners were really stiff. I also replaced the pickups (because I always do - the stock pickups aren't bad) and did a minor setup. It's one of my favorite guitars.

• Members

Most of Rondo's stuff is heavy. Chicks hate heavy guitars. I'd get her a Harm-1 because it's hollowed out and light. Costs a bit more but it's a nicer guitar than their cheaper stuff and admit it...you're going to "borrow" it from her anyway.

• Members

Why a tele if I may ask? Is it because she likes the shape? Or maybe because you like teles? Are you looking for a traditional tele setup or just something shaped like a tele?

Have you looked in the SPAM/classifieds here? There are often great deals on stuff like SX, Xaviere, and Squier where folks worked out all the kinks that often accompany guitars in the price range out of the box.

• Members
Her b'day is in September, so it's not a massive rush. I've been looking at some tele's from Rondo music, anyone have experience with the tele's there?

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar.html

This one looks cool:

http://www.rondomusic.com/furrianmnvwh.html

Once again, anyone have any experience with those/any others there?

Thanks in advance!

That looks awesome to me, I dig white guitars and Teles are hot in white IMO. If you end up getting it, please give us a review :D

• Members

All good suggestions. If used isn't a problem, you have a fair amount of time to look around before you lock in a deal. It should be rather easy to get one of the Squier customs or a Squier standard (both really good guitars) used in excellent condition for around a bill-and-a-half.

• Members

Jay Turser Custom Deluxe. No nicer Tele for the money. Just got one off Amazon from the good deals thread. Second one I've owned. Bought to replace one I stupidly sold and this one is just as good as the first one.

• Members

She's kinda snobby with guitars, so she hates crappy/no name used guitars. If I got a used anything I'd a nice backhand :D

The CV tele's are actually looking mighty tempting, I guess I could just save up a bit more and get one, or still just go for a SX model.

Archived