So Craig, what's UAD unveiling later this week at NAMM?

Bookumdano2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know what it is but I'm bound to secrecy.

However, I
can
say I was disappointed to find out that it is not the anti-gravity plug-in they've been working on.

Oh, I'd like that one. And another that reads minds, and yet another that gets rid of all my cables without adding any hassle. And one more that tells me where everything is.

• Members

Crai, most important question to me:

Does the UA Ampex ATR-102 Mastering Tape Recorder plugin create all the wow and flutter, wobbling and warbling, the droning and dragging properly?

So I can properly remove it later with Celemony Capstan?

That's a great idea. Report back on how that works. That's like having a humidifer and dehumidifer on in the same room, duking it out for supremacy.

• Members

I don't think it's a plug-in or a "UAD-3"... I suspect it's vintage hardware.

Universal has already announced 64 bit support for 2012 for UAD-1 and UAD-2, and I just don't see a UAD-3 in the pipeline right now.

But I could certainly be wrong.

Todd

• Members

Huh. Interesting. I suppose it might be interesting to me if I didn't already have a great console/recording interface. I'm not sure why anyone would want to track with plugins, and I wonder what the price tag will be, but it looks like a pretty cool thing.

• Members

Huh. Interesting. I suppose it might be interesting to me if I didn't already have a great console/recording interface. I'm not sure why anyone would want to track with plugins, and I wonder what the price tag will be, but it looks like a pretty cool thing.

Sweetwater has a price posted for two versions on their site. (It's not in Orpheus territory.) The traveling remixer would probably be pretty happy with this in their rack.

HarmonyCentral link with the Press release:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/blogs/News-UniversalAudio/2012/01/19/universal-audio-unveils-apollo-high-resolution-audio-interface-with-realtime-uad-processing

• Members

Looks like it might be this:

I was auditioning the UA2192 around 18 months ago, heard through the grapevine that UA was discontinuing it so I returned the unit (don`t like owning products that are no longer supported by a company)

The Apollo is probably the reason why they stopped making the 2192. This interface looks really sweet. I`ve been rocking with the Duet 2 since the summer but I always knew in the back of my head that it was a temporary fix until something new came along and this will probably do the trick. It feels like Christmas morning and I`m 7 again!

• Members

2 grand for the duo and $2500 for the quad version and around an extra $500 for the ThunderBolt expansion if FW800 isn't good enough for you. The remaining questions would be drivers and ad/da/clock quality.

This box has me really interested but I have to wonder where UA cut corners?

When you consider you`re getting their plugs & AD-DA all for $1999 or $2500...

Somethings gotta give, right?

• Members
This box has me really interested but I have to wonder where UA cut corners?

When you consider you`re getting their plugs & AD-DA all for $1999 or $2500...

Somethings gotta give, right?

These days their basic packages have become pretty slim consisting of their basic plugs and maybe the La2a and the 1176 se, so I'd imagine they will have more lucrative packages. I think the main attraction here is having a high quality audio interface with integrated UAD plugs for on board zero latency tracking and normal usage(VST/AU etc.) similat to a PT/HD mix card. I'm a little leary of how performance will be with high track counts and plugs will be going through even FW 800 and I can see the more serious users going for the extra ThunderBolt option. All this is a wait & see and comes down to drivers drivers drivers.

• Members

2 grand for the duo and $2500 for the quad version and around an extra $500 for the ThunderBolt expansion if FW800 isn't good enough for you. The remaining questions would be drivers and ad/da/clock quality.

The rep said that it's the same converters as on their other stuff, for whatever that's worth, but we'll see when a few of these have been out in the world for a while. But yes, the drivers would also be an issue. The interface looks really promising, though.

Archived