NGD: Epicnessnessness X 3 (Gibson Content)

Wizard of Ozz

• Members

On with the show:

lps881.jpg

lps882.jpg

lps884.jpg

1 2010 Gibson Historic 1958 Reissue Les Paul R8 in Lemonburst... and 1 2007 Gibson Historic 1958 Reissue Les Paul R8 in Washed Cherry. Both have super dark boards. I'll let you figure out which is which. Both flat out kill. Set-up, fit-n-finish, frets, electronics, intonation, bridge height, was dead-nuts-on perfect right out of the box. It pays to find a good dealer to hand pick these for you. I've owned close to 30 Les Pauls over a 20 year period (including other Historic reissues R9, R7, R0) and by far, these Historic Reissues Gibson has been putting out in the last 4 or 5 years have been really great overall. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but I buy-n-sell a lot of gear, and play a bunch of guitars every month, and in the last few years, Gibson has been doing a great job at QC and overall fit-n-finish. And this is coming from a guy that only played PRS guitars for the last 8 or so years. Oh... and it really bears saying... of you want a Gibson Les Paul sound... buy a Gibson Les Paul. I was close to pulling the trigger on a new PRS SC-58... but after playing a few, they just don't sound the same. Even with the new super-amazing PRS 2 piece (tune-o-matic rip off) bridge. YMMV.

Tasteful... artsy shot...

lps885.jpg

Almost forgot...

Ummm...

I also gots a me new 2011 Explorer in Ebony as well. :cool:

lps886.jpg

Can you say Metallica? :evil:icon_cooler.gif

Archived