Check out "The Artist"...

144dB

• Members

Hey all,

If you haven't seen it yet, I would encourage you to see The Artist.

I have no connection to the movie (financially or otherwise), but I think it's a great film and a very interesting experience given that it's black & white and silent.

I won't say much about it as I think it's something you have to experience on your own, but rest assured the music plays a big role in the film. Given Craig's thread about classic orchestras, it really underscores the difference between a live band and technology.

It's about an hour and a half and it's playing in many art theaters (and some mainstream theaters as well), so if you're looking for something interesting I highly recommend it.

Todd

• Members

Saw it a few weeks ago, and quite enjoyed it. It was interesting after the trend to colorizing B&W films, this was a film that was shot in color and converted to B&W. Apparently there's a color print somewhere that will, if the director has his way, never will see the light of day.

This has been an unusual year, in that I've seen a fair number of the films that are up for the Oscars. The one that I thought was the best of the group was "Hugo". A truly beautiful film.

js

... but I think it's a great film and a very interesting experience given that it's black & white
and
silent.

Hey Todd!

I missed that part the first time I read this post. B&W + Silent.

Interesting to see the concept with some contemporary story writing and film making.

Thanks!

Archived